Economy in brief: PTPN X signs waste power purchase deal
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: A sugar mill in Kediri, East Java, has taken the first step in Indonesia’s green energy development by signing a biomass power purchase agreement with state-owned energy firm PLN.
The Pesantren Baru sugar mill, operated by state-owned company PTPN X transforms its sugarcane waste into biomass-based power. It generates a total of 9 megawatts (MW), of which 6 MW are used to power t...
- 'City budget signed by governor': Jokowi responds to Sylviana
- No need to complain: Jokowi on SBY's tweet
- Android users can now search Google while offline
- SBY’s Twitter whine his own business: VP
- Korean star rapper Gary returns to ‘Running Man’
- Celebrate year of the rooster at these modern Chinese restaurants
- Dynamic Thai duo stand out at weather-hit SMBC Singapore Open
- The economic policy Trump should pursue
- At least 32 killed, 50 injured as train derails in India
- Hundreds of thousands of women around the world decry Trump