Economy in brief: PTPN X signs waste power purchase deal
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: A sugar mill in Kediri, East Java, has taken the first step in Indonesia’s green energy development by signing a biomass power purchase agreement with state-owned energy firm PLN.
The Pesantren Baru sugar mill, operated by state-owned company PTPN X transforms its sugarcane waste into biomass-based power. It generates a total of 9 megawatts (MW), of which 6 MW are used to power t...
- New Terrorism Law no silver bullet, says rights researcher
- Muslim inmates fed pork during Ramadhan: Activists
- France arrests two spies for passing secrets to China
- Costly holiday
- BREAKING: Indonesia passes stronger antiterrorism law
- Government is representation of God on earth: State Palace official
- Indonesia shakes off nerves for Thomas Cup semifinal against China
- Malaysia's defeated UMNO party asks for its money back
- US wasted billions in failed Afghan stabilization efforts: official
- Everest's Hillary Step now a 'slope': Climber