Economy in brief: PTPN X signs waste power purchase deal
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: A sugar mill in Kediri, East Java, has taken the first step in Indonesia’s green energy development by signing a biomass power purchase agreement with state-owned energy firm PLN.
The Pesantren Baru sugar mill, operated by state-owned company PTPN X transforms its sugarcane waste into biomass-based power. It generates a total of 9 megawatts (MW), of which 6 MW are used to power t...
- Indonesian court rejects petition to outlaw premarital, gay sex
- Indonesia under threat of deviant sexual practices: IPB professor
- BTS’ ‘DNA’ enters Billboard’s 100 Best Songs of 2017
- Bali still safe for tourists: Governor
- Court ruling on extramarital, gay sex draws mixed reactions from netizens
- Quebec probes ban on women at construction sites near mosques
- Indonesia's asbestos 'time bomb'
- Pertamina to upgrade 3 refineries for processing sour crude oil
- Pertamina plans expansion into renewable energy
- The Djuanda Declaration has more to offer