Economy in brief: PTPN X signs waste power purchase deal
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: A sugar mill in Kediri, East Java, has taken the first step in Indonesia’s green energy development by signing a biomass power purchase agreement with state-owned energy firm PLN.
The Pesantren Baru sugar mill, operated by state-owned company PTPN X transforms its sugarcane waste into biomass-based power. It generates a total of 9 megawatts (MW), of which 6 MW are used to power t...
- Jokowi accused of promoting secularism
- Tax office to scrutinize rich Indonesians not taking part in tax amnesty
- Teens wearing leggings barred from United flight
- Indonesia to be world's 4th largest economy by 2045: Jokowi
- Tech startup Koltiva expands assistance to coffee, oil palm farmers
- Quality of West Kalimantan airport questioned following ceiling collapse
- Human or not? Mysterious figure caught on camera in Aceh sparks internet frenzy
- Ahok’s deputy promises card-based microcredit scheme for street vendors
- 8 Lombok-Bali flights cancelled for Nyepi
- Legislators baffled by conflicting interests in election bill