Lawyers report Jakarta election elites for violating code of ethics
The Jakarta Post
Lawyers have brought charges against elites of the Indonesian Elections Commission (KPU) to an ethics council for allegedly favoring one of the Jakarta gubernatorial candidates.
Advocat Cinta Tanah Air (ACTA), or the homeland lover advocates, reported on Friday KPU commissioners, such as its chief, Sumarno, and a member, Dahlia Umar, to the Election Organization Ethics Council (DKPP) for allegedly attending an internal event of Jakarta gubernatorial candidate pair Basuki "Ahok" Tjahaja Purnama and Djarot Saiful Hidayat at a hotel in Jakarta.
ACTA also reported Jakarta Election Supervisory Body (Bawaslu) chairwoman Mimah Susanti to the council for the same reason.
ACTA deputy chairman Hisar Tambunan said Sumarno, Dahlia and Mimah had seriously violated the Code of Conduct of Election Organizers by attending the event.
"We want the DKPP to investigate them and give sanctions according to the regulations. The DKPP must obtain information on what they were doing in the meeting," he asserted. (dis/dan)
You might also like :
- Why a few drops of water make whisky taste better
- Tatjana's photo with Korean heartthrob Gong Yoo makes netizens jealous
- Police question Rizieq in Saudi Arabia: Tito
- Girls’ Generation’s Taeyeon shared message over airport incident
- Trump will resign, his ghostwriter predicts
- Singapore gets a taste of commuting chaos as trains fail
- EDITORIAL: Boring, yet realistic budget
- Government to spend Rp 404t on infrastructure projects in 2018
- Status: Online, but not present
- Sri Mulyani claims tax revenue target realistic