Lawyers report Jakarta election elites for violating code of ethics
The Jakarta Post
Lawyers have brought charges against elites of the Indonesian Elections Commission (KPU) to an ethics council for allegedly favoring one of the Jakarta gubernatorial candidates.
Advocat Cinta Tanah Air (ACTA), or the homeland lover advocates, reported on Friday KPU commissioners, such as its chief, Sumarno, and a member, Dahlia Umar, to the Election Organization Ethics Council (DKPP) for allegedly attending an internal event of Jakarta gubernatorial candidate pair Basuki "Ahok" Tjahaja Purnama and Djarot Saiful Hidayat at a hotel in Jakarta.
ACTA also reported Jakarta Election Supervisory Body (Bawaslu) chairwoman Mimah Susanti to the council for the same reason.
ACTA deputy chairman Hisar Tambunan said Sumarno, Dahlia and Mimah had seriously violated the Code of Conduct of Election Organizers by attending the event.
"We want the DKPP to investigate them and give sanctions according to the regulations. The DKPP must obtain information on what they were doing in the meeting," he asserted. (dis/dan)
You might also like :
- Obama arrives in Bali
- Media mogul declared intimidation suspect
- Indonesia's Jangkrik field’s first LNG cargo delivered
- Australia sends spy planes to south Philippines
- Former US president Obama to arrive on Bali this afternoon
- Australian citizen denied entry to Bali due to criminal record
- Property developer sees potential to build office buildings for startups in Bali
- Indonesia's upstream projects proposed for strategic project list
- No extravagant ceremony to welcome Obama: Official
- Online drivers choose to stay in Jakarta to earn more cash