Lawyers report Jakarta election elites for violating code of ethics
The Jakarta Post
Lawyers have brought charges against elites of the Indonesian Elections Commission (KPU) to an ethics council for allegedly favoring one of the Jakarta gubernatorial candidates.
Advocat Cinta Tanah Air (ACTA), or the homeland lover advocates, reported on Friday KPU commissioners, such as its chief, Sumarno, and a member, Dahlia Umar, to the Election Organization Ethics Council (DKPP) for allegedly attending an internal event of Jakarta gubernatorial candidate pair Basuki "Ahok" Tjahaja Purnama and Djarot Saiful Hidayat at a hotel in Jakarta.
ACTA also reported Jakarta Election Supervisory Body (Bawaslu) chairwoman Mimah Susanti to the council for the same reason.
ACTA deputy chairman Hisar Tambunan said Sumarno, Dahlia and Mimah had seriously violated the Code of Conduct of Election Organizers by attending the event.
"We want the DKPP to investigate them and give sanctions according to the regulations. The DKPP must obtain information on what they were doing in the meeting," he asserted. (dis/dan)
You might also like :
- OK Otrip opposed by minivan operators
- Sandiaga admits allowing ‘becak’ a political contract
- Men treated as dogs and pigs in Paris catwalk shows
- Woody Allen backlash grows as daughter says telling 'truth'
- New Air Force chief to prioritize procurement of jet fighters
- Lazada to implement e-payment gateway system this year
- Jokowi inaugurates new Cabinet ministers
- Celine Dion's Jakarta concert ticket price reaches Rp 25m
- PGN to acquire Pertagas in cash scheme
- AirAsia to move international flight operations to Soekarno-Hatta Terminal 3