Lawyers report Jakarta election elites for violating code of ethics
The Jakarta Post
Lawyers have brought charges against elites of the Indonesian Elections Commission (KPU) to an ethics council for allegedly favoring one of the Jakarta gubernatorial candidates.
Advocat Cinta Tanah Air (ACTA), or the homeland lover advocates, reported on Friday KPU commissioners, such as its chief, Sumarno, and a member, Dahlia Umar, to the Election Organization Ethics Council (DKPP) for allegedly attending an internal event of Jakarta gubernatorial candidate pair Basuki "Ahok" Tjahaja Purnama and Djarot Saiful Hidayat at a hotel in Jakarta.
ACTA also reported Jakarta Election Supervisory Body (Bawaslu) chairwoman Mimah Susanti to the council for the same reason.
ACTA deputy chairman Hisar Tambunan said Sumarno, Dahlia and Mimah had seriously violated the Code of Conduct of Election Organizers by attending the event.
"We want the DKPP to investigate them and give sanctions according to the regulations. The DKPP must obtain information on what they were doing in the meeting," he asserted. (dis/dan)
You might also like :
- List of moderate Islamic preachers needed: Scholar
- US warns Syria of 'firm' action over southern offensive
- Colombia to become first Latin American NATO 'global partner'
- Pair of Japanese premium melons sell for record $29,300
- Malaysian playboy financier in cross
- Two Koreas’ leaders hold second summit: Cheong Wa Dae
- New Terrorism Law no silver bullet, says rights researcher
- Out of South Africa, reminiscing the indelible Eden
- Dugong sellers thwarted in West Sulawesi
- Prisoners evacuated from flooded Pekalongan Penitentiary