Anies camp protests fixed voters list
The Jakarta Post
The campaign team of governor candidate Anies Baswedan refused to agree to the results of a meeting between the two candidates and the Jakarta General Elections Commission (KPU Jakarta) on Thursday night related to the number of voters on a fixed list.
The team secretary Syarif said on Thursday that their investigation found there were still 153,000 invalid voters on the list, with most of them registered in West Jakarta and East Jakarta.
“We refuse to sign the meeting results about the municipality level, especially West and East Jakarta,” he said as quoted by kompas.com.
The runoff vote for the next Jakarta governor has been scheduled for April 19. On Thursday night the commission decided that the runoff election would involve 7,218,280 registered voters. KPU Jakarta head Sumarno said that there would be another meeting on Friday to discuss the objections of the Anies team.
“If we find invalid voters on the list, we will make a mark and make sure that they could not vote,” Sumarno said. (idb)
- President Trump, thank you for not attending ASEAN summit
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- JT610 victim's bride takes wedding photo shoot without groom
- Government to issue new regulation on coal permits
- Indonesia to free Bali Nine drug smuggler Lawrence: Official
- US pilots say Boeing didn’t warn of 737 feature tied to crash
- Garuda to reopen Jakarta-London route
- ASEAN’s priority: China
- Lippo's Karawaci flooded, Pejaten Village catches fire