Suropati polling stations feature Betawi songs, food
The Jakarta Post
Two polling stations (TPS) at Suropati Park, Menteng, Central Jakarta, were enlivened by a musical group performing traditional Betawi songs, as well as street vendors selling traditional Betawi food.
To enable such entertainment at both stations, namely TPS 18 and 19, residents of community unit (RW) 5 collected Rp 24 million in funds, said Menteng sub precinct head Agus Sule.
"The funds were from the residents. We called the stations Happy TPS," he said as quoted by wartakota.tribunnews.com on Wednesday.
The Happy stations, which each accommodated between 600 and 700 voters, were designed to enable a relaxing election amid the current heated political situation, he added.
- Indonesian magician The Sacred Riana is crowned winner of Asia's Got Talent Season 2
- In first, SpaceX launches recycled rocket and spaceship
- Yogyakarta airport developers warned not to ‘steal’ people’s land
- 2 killed, 7 injured in Java quake: Agency
- Foundation documents culinary heritage via smartphone app
- Police arrest doctor for alleged hate speech against TNI chief
- H&M says to close more stores as customers go online
- Jakarta transportation operators to rejuvenate fleets
- Saudi women will also be allowed to drive motorcycles
- Oil and gas lifting to fall slightly short of target