Suropati polling stations feature Betawi songs, food
The Jakarta Post
Two polling stations (TPS) at Suropati Park, Menteng, Central Jakarta, were enlivened by a musical group performing traditional Betawi songs, as well as street vendors selling traditional Betawi food.
To enable such entertainment at both stations, namely TPS 18 and 19, residents of community unit (RW) 5 collected Rp 24 million in funds, said Menteng sub precinct head Agus Sule.
"The funds were from the residents. We called the stations Happy TPS," he said as quoted by wartakota.tribunnews.com on Wednesday.
The Happy stations, which each accommodated between 600 and 700 voters, were designed to enable a relaxing election amid the current heated political situation, he added.
- Survey finds Jakarta among world’s worst for women
- Barack Obama returns to the political arena
- Marinda airport in Raja Ampat set to become international airport
- More drug dealers to be shot dead: BNN chief
- Across Asia, liver cancer is linked to herbal remedies: Study
- EDITORIAL: Jokowi grows on the job
- North Jakarta group cancels Alexis Hotel protest
- Airline, bank reach for the sky with e-money
- Philippines to reject EU aid: Duterte
- Preventing osteoporosis: How to boost bone health