Suropati polling stations feature Betawi songs, food
The Jakarta Post
Two polling stations (TPS) at Suropati Park, Menteng, Central Jakarta, were enlivened by a musical group performing traditional Betawi songs, as well as street vendors selling traditional Betawi food.
To enable such entertainment at both stations, namely TPS 18 and 19, residents of community unit (RW) 5 collected Rp 24 million in funds, said Menteng sub precinct head Agus Sule.
"The funds were from the residents. We called the stations Happy TPS," he said as quoted by wartakota.tribunnews.com on Wednesday.
The Happy stations, which each accommodated between 600 and 700 voters, were designed to enable a relaxing election amid the current heated political situation, he added.
- Woman convicted of blasphemy for spreading 'misguided' Islamic teachings
- Most Indonesian museums non-operational: Official
- Djarot allows Idul Adha animal slaughtering at schools
- Prambanan Jazz Festival apologizes for Afgan's stage mishap
- EDITORIAL: Gesture of unity
- 16,000 Indonesian islands registered at UN
- Jokowi forgives Malaysia over flag flop: spokesman
- Indonesia, Freeport discuss tax issue: Minister
- Bandung unveils China Town tourism spot
- Ten sailors missing after US destroyer collision off Singapore