Suropati polling stations feature Betawi songs, food
The Jakarta Post
Two polling stations (TPS) at Suropati Park, Menteng, Central Jakarta, were enlivened by a musical group performing traditional Betawi songs, as well as street vendors selling traditional Betawi food.
To enable such entertainment at both stations, namely TPS 18 and 19, residents of community unit (RW) 5 collected Rp 24 million in funds, said Menteng sub precinct head Agus Sule.
"The funds were from the residents. We called the stations Happy TPS," he said as quoted by wartakota.tribunnews.com on Wednesday.
The Happy stations, which each accommodated between 600 and 700 voters, were designed to enable a relaxing election amid the current heated political situation, he added.
- 53 injured as Saudi jet makes emergency landing
- Anwar reassures Malays who fear losing racial advantage
- Police find 'missing' teen's body at South Jakarta apartment
- Commentary: Soeharto's most likely successor? How about Prabowo?
- Castle restoration plan with no elevators causing controversy
- Joey Alexander among '50 Asians to watch'
- Australian archbishop guilty of concealing child sex abuse
- Police probe Jakarta officials on fatal Monas incident
- Danish minister says Ramadan fasting can be 'dangerous'
- Five dead in India from Nipah virus, dozens quarantined