Suropati polling stations feature Betawi songs, food
The Jakarta Post
Two polling stations (TPS) at Suropati Park, Menteng, Central Jakarta, were enlivened by a musical group performing traditional Betawi songs, as well as street vendors selling traditional Betawi food.
To enable such entertainment at both stations, namely TPS 18 and 19, residents of community unit (RW) 5 collected Rp 24 million in funds, said Menteng sub precinct head Agus Sule.
"The funds were from the residents. We called the stations Happy TPS," he said as quoted by wartakota.tribunnews.com on Wednesday.
The Happy stations, which each accommodated between 600 and 700 voters, were designed to enable a relaxing election amid the current heated political situation, he added.
- Obama arrives in Bali
- Media mogul declared intimidation suspect
- Indonesia's Jangkrik field’s first LNG cargo delivered
- Australia sends spy planes to south Philippines
- Former US president Obama to arrive on Bali this afternoon
- Australian citizen denied entry to Bali due to criminal record
- Property developer sees potential to build office buildings for startups in Bali
- Indonesia's upstream projects proposed for strategic project list
- No extravagant ceremony to welcome Obama: Official
- Online drivers choose to stay in Jakarta to earn more cash