Bonds between democracies
The Jakarta Post
The visit of United States Vice President Mike Pence to Indonesia is not a mere stop over on his Asia Pacific tour. The fact he chose to spend two nights in Jakarta between visits to Washington’s traditional allies, Tokyo, Seoul and Canberra, testifies to the recognition by US President Donald Trump’s administration of Indonesia’s importance as a strategic partner in the region.
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Using the best of Security Council membership for Palestine-Israel conflict
- UK visa requirements relaxed for Indonesian students
- Malaysia's Najib explains why he had so many luxury handbags, lots of cash, jewe...
- We deserve more choices
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Number missing in Indonesia ferry disaster jumps again to 192: official
- Handgun found in bin at Soekarno-Hatta airport
- Traveler forgets father at rest stop upon return from Lebaran holiday
- US centers force migrant children to take drugs -lawsuit