Bonds between democracies
The Jakarta Post
The visit of United States Vice President Mike Pence to Indonesia is not a mere stop over on his Asia Pacific tour. The fact he chose to spend two nights in Jakarta between visits to Washington’s traditional allies, Tokyo, Seoul and Canberra, testifies to the recognition by US President Donald Trump’s administration of Indonesia’s importance as a strategic partner in the region.
- Indonesia's digital policy lacking focus
- Number of rejected Schengen visa applications for Indonesia increases
- Philippines closes Boracay to tourists under high security
- Human rights at risk for ASEAN citizens
- Anger as Fiji tourism ad swaps 'church' for 'toilet'
- ‘Stranger Things’ coming to Universal Studios Singapore
- Nod for 'Jack Ryan' season 2
- Headscarved students banned from performing 'gambyong' dance
- Electric cars made by Indonesian students featured at Jakarta motor show
- May Day march to concentrate on Monas area