Fire in East Jakarta kills child
The Jakarta Post
A fire at a semi-permanent stall in a densely populated area of West Cakung subdistrict, East Jakarta, on Friday, resulted in the death of a 17-month-old.
East Jakarta Fire and Rescue Agency official Gatot said he received information about the incident at 9:27 a.m.
“We deployed four fire trucks to the site to put out the fire. Some semi-permanent buildings had already been gutted by the fire,” he said on Friday.
As of 11 a.m. officers from the agency were still at the scene, tribunnews.com reported.
“We have yet to identify the cause of the fire and calculate the losses,” Gatot said. (fac)
- Jakarta officials confirm Ahok returned Rp 1.2b in operational funds
- 7 people caught red-handed by KPK in alleged bribery case
- Ramadhan begins on Saturday, govt says
- Ahok resigns from post, returns money
- Study finds moratorium does little to curb deforestation
- Children’s book launched to promote Indonesian culture, wildlife
- Further attacks feared following IS-claimed Jakarta twin blasts
- BNI leads 15 other banks to finance toll road in Central Java
- EDITORIAL: Clear and present danger
- NU intensifies monitoring to curb radicalism during Ramadhan