Fire in East Jakarta kills child
The Jakarta Post
A fire at a semi-permanent stall in a densely populated area of West Cakung subdistrict, East Jakarta, on Friday, resulted in the death of a 17-month-old.
East Jakarta Fire and Rescue Agency official Gatot said he received information about the incident at 9:27 a.m.
“We deployed four fire trucks to the site to put out the fire. Some semi-permanent buildings had already been gutted by the fire,” he said on Friday.
As of 11 a.m. officers from the agency were still at the scene, tribunnews.com reported.
“We have yet to identify the cause of the fire and calculate the losses,” Gatot said. (fac)
- Residents near Mt. Agung begin to relocate their livestock
- Uber tops 500,000 signatures on petition to halt London ban
- G30S/PKI film is the correct version of history: Tommy Soeharto
- Keep calm and enjoy Bali: Tourism association
- Thousands flee rumbling Mount Agung
- Owner of Islamic matchmaking site arrested, charged under Pornography Law
- Wiranto calms fear over weapon shipment rumor
- ‘Unicorn Gundam’ illuminated, dazzles in official unveiling
- New Zealand's English claims mandate to form government
- ‘Otaku’ dating site’s advice to users: Have other interests besides anime