Fire in East Jakarta kills child
The Jakarta Post
A fire at a semi-permanent stall in a densely populated area of West Cakung subdistrict, East Jakarta, on Friday, resulted in the death of a 17-month-old.
East Jakarta Fire and Rescue Agency official Gatot said he received information about the incident at 9:27 a.m.
“We deployed four fire trucks to the site to put out the fire. Some semi-permanent buildings had already been gutted by the fire,” he said on Friday.
As of 11 a.m. officers from the agency were still at the scene, tribunnews.com reported.
“We have yet to identify the cause of the fire and calculate the losses,” Gatot said. (fac)
- BI, government team up to control inflation
- Indonesia seeks immediate return of two fishermen released by Abu Sayyaf
- ‘Sungkyunkwan Scandal’ actor Jun Tae-soo dies
- US Defense Secretary Mattis holds meeting with Retno
- Trial resumes of Kim Jong-Nam murder suspects
- 'Angkot' drivers protest Tanah Abang street closure
- Pence set for warm Israeli welcome, Palestinian snub
- City plans to build permanent bridges in South Jakarta
- Volcano rains ash on Philippines as experts warn of violent eruption
- Jakarta Composite Index hits 6,500 on Monday