Fire in East Jakarta kills child
The Jakarta Post
A fire at a semi-permanent stall in a densely populated area of West Cakung subdistrict, East Jakarta, on Friday, resulted in the death of a 17-month-old.
East Jakarta Fire and Rescue Agency official Gatot said he received information about the incident at 9:27 a.m.
“We deployed four fire trucks to the site to put out the fire. Some semi-permanent buildings had already been gutted by the fire,” he said on Friday.
As of 11 a.m. officers from the agency were still at the scene, tribunnews.com reported.
“We have yet to identify the cause of the fire and calculate the losses,” Gatot said. (fac)
- Metro TV fires reporter connected to Setya
- Japan proposes to build new tracks for Jakarta-Surabaya railway: Minister
- Tourism Ministry to focus on developing four New Balis next year
- Online exhibit shows hidden depths of Picasso's 'Guernica'
- Macron's popularity recovers as French see him keeping promises
- End nears for Mugabe as ruling party turns against him
- UK aims for driverless cars by 2021
- Boxer knocks out rival in 11 seconds
- Victoria's Secret to charm China with fashion gala
- Public Works and Public Housing Ministry to develop four Priority Destinations