Fire in East Jakarta kills child
The Jakarta Post
A fire at a semi-permanent stall in a densely populated area of West Cakung subdistrict, East Jakarta, on Friday, resulted in the death of a 17-month-old.
East Jakarta Fire and Rescue Agency official Gatot said he received information about the incident at 9:27 a.m.
“We deployed four fire trucks to the site to put out the fire. Some semi-permanent buildings had already been gutted by the fire,” he said on Friday.
As of 11 a.m. officers from the agency were still at the scene, tribunnews.com reported.
“We have yet to identify the cause of the fire and calculate the losses,” Gatot said. (fac)
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Aceh
- Indonesia seeks to lure Chinese tourists to destinations outside Bali
- BREAKING: Government sacks Pertamina chief
- Two Palestinians killed by Israeli fire as Gaza protests dwindle
- Rupiah weakens to almost Rp 13,900 against US dollar
- Google is Indonesia's powerful weapon in war on illegal fishing
- Malindo Air flight suffers runway excursion in Kathmandu
- Insight: Fair trade for palm oil, please!
- Suzuki introduces second-generation Ertiga
- Opposition questions Jokowi’s policy on foreign workers