Support pours in for Ahok after verdict
The Jakarta Post
Soon after a panel of judges at the North Jakarta District Court sentenced Basuki “Ahok” Tjahaja Purnama to two years in prison, support began pouring in for the Jakarta governor.
Many of Ahok’s supporters and sympathizers expressed their dissatisfaction with the verdict, with most of them deeming it as unfair given the fact that prosecutors previously only demanded that Ahok be sente...
- Transjakarta driver steals bus: Police
- Dutch national arrested over alleged hashish possession
- Why RCEP is more dangerous than Bilateral Investment Treaties
- Celebrities lash out at Trump’s decision to ban transgenders from military service
- Ahok donates Rp 200 million for dancing fountain renovation
- PAN to withdraw from KPK inquiry committee
- City to repair sidewalks with leftover budget from Semanggi project
- Cut! Regulators at odds with censors
- Redenomination not in near future: Jokowi
- Freeport yet to extend operating permit: Ministry