Support pours in for Ahok after verdict
The Jakarta Post
Soon after a panel of judges at the North Jakarta District Court sentenced Basuki “Ahok” Tjahaja Purnama to two years in prison, support began pouring in for the Jakarta governor.
Many of Ahok’s supporters and sympathizers expressed their dissatisfaction with the verdict, with most of them deeming it as unfair given the fact that prosecutors previously only demanded that Ahok be sente...
- Residents near Mt. Agung begin to relocate their livestock
- Uber tops 500,000 signatures on petition to halt London ban
- G30S/PKI film is the correct version of history: Tommy Soeharto
- Keep calm and enjoy Bali: Tourism association
- Thousands flee rumbling Mount Agung
- Owner of Islamic matchmaking site arrested, charged under Pornography Law
- Wiranto calms fear over weapon shipment rumor
- ‘Unicorn Gundam’ illuminated, dazzles in official unveiling
- New Zealand's English claims mandate to form government
- ‘Otaku’ dating site’s advice to users: Have other interests besides anime