Support pours in for Ahok after verdict
The Jakarta Post
Soon after a panel of judges at the North Jakarta District Court sentenced Basuki “Ahok” Tjahaja Purnama to two years in prison, support began pouring in for the Jakarta governor.
Many of Ahok’s supporters and sympathizers expressed their dissatisfaction with the verdict, with most of them deeming it as unfair given the fact that prosecutors previously only demanded that Ahok be sente...
- Indonesia extends export recommendation for Freeport
- Jakarta-Bandung railway project won’t meet target: Minister
- Jakarta prepares traffic strategy for Asian Games
- Mt. Sinabung spews massive smoke-and-ash column
- Anti-LGBT team established in Depok
- Supreme Court receives Ahok’s case review petition
- Visitors flock to Kopi Johny to talk to Hotman Paris Hutapea about legal matters
- Myanmar seizes drugs and equipment worth $7 m in lab raid
- Tearful French skater's 'worst nightmare' after dress mishap
- Online shops offer ‘Black Panther’-inspired ‘baju koko’