Support pours in for Ahok after verdict
The Jakarta Post
Soon after a panel of judges at the North Jakarta District Court sentenced Basuki “Ahok” Tjahaja Purnama to two years in prison, support began pouring in for the Jakarta governor.
Many of Ahok’s supporters and sympathizers expressed their dissatisfaction with the verdict, with most of them deeming it as unfair given the fact that prosecutors previously only demanded that Ahok be sente...
- Some countries buying Russian gear deserve sanctions waivers: Mattis
- Student allegedly paralyzed after being told to do 120 jump squats as punishment
- Thousands protest Australia's refugee detention policy
- Too ugly, too smelly: Jakarta covers up ‘Black River’ for Asian Games
- Jakpost guide to Pasar Modern Bintaro
- Jambi girl imprisoned for abortion after being raped by brother
- This is why you’re sweating during sleep
- Russian tourist allegedly gang-raped in India
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- 5.4 magnitude quake hits Solok, kills one