Two alleged drug dealers shot dead in Medan
The Jakarta Post
The North Sumatra Police reported on Thursday they shot and killed two alleged drug dealers from Aceh as they attempted to escape custody during an operation in Medan.
Both men were 22 years old and residents of Pidie regency, Aceh.
North Sumatra Police spokesperson Sr. Comr. Sari Ginting claimed the two, who were already in custody, were armed and fought off police officers, although police did not explain when or how the men obtained firearms. “They threatened the officers using homemade revolvers, forcing the police to shoot them both dead,” she said.
Rina said the two drug dealers were arrested on Jl. Sei Rokan, Sei Sekambing B district, Medan, at 7 p.m. local time on Tuesday, following reports from locals.
During their investigation, police officers suspected two men they saw riding a motorcycle and they caught them. They found one kilogram of crystal methamphetamine and confiscated it as evidence, Rina said.
Based on the findings, personnel of the Medan Police’s narcotics division searched the boarding room of the two suspects on Jl. Sei Begawan, Medan, where they said they found another 1 kg of crystal meth.
During an interrogation, the two suspects claimed they had a crystal meth storage room in a house at the Torganda residence complex on Jl. Bunga Raya, Medan Sunggal. The police brought the men to Torganda where the suspects, who had apparently armed themselves before being arrested or had obtained guns while in police custody, threatened to shoot the officers with revolvers and fled to a nearby public cemetery.
“They ignored the warning shots, forcing our personnel to shoot them. They died at the location,” said Rina. (ebf)
- Three airlines to move to Terminal 3 in May
- Passport stamps becoming a thing of the past
- Candidates for Pertamina's top post submitted to Jokowi: SOE official
- Most boats in Thousand Islands unsafe: Committee
- Illegal oil exploration activities in Aceh must stop: WALHI
- High-rise buildings must provide access for fiber optics
- Government to take legal action against drillers of illegal oil well after fire
- Meghan Markle ties the knot -- but not with Prince Harry
- Indian court jails popular guru for life over teen rape
- Music-streaming millennials eye smart speakers