Two alleged drug dealers shot dead in Medan
The Jakarta Post
The North Sumatra Police reported on Thursday they shot and killed two alleged drug dealers from Aceh as they attempted to escape custody during an operation in Medan.
Both men were 22 years old and residents of Pidie regency, Aceh.
North Sumatra Police spokesperson Sr. Comr. Sari Ginting claimed the two, who were already in custody, were armed and fought off police officers, although police did not explain when or how the men obtained firearms. “They threatened the officers using homemade revolvers, forcing the police to shoot them both dead,” she said.
Rina said the two drug dealers were arrested on Jl. Sei Rokan, Sei Sekambing B district, Medan, at 7 p.m. local time on Tuesday, following reports from locals.
During their investigation, police officers suspected two men they saw riding a motorcycle and they caught them. They found one kilogram of crystal methamphetamine and confiscated it as evidence, Rina said.
Based on the findings, personnel of the Medan Police’s narcotics division searched the boarding room of the two suspects on Jl. Sei Begawan, Medan, where they said they found another 1 kg of crystal meth.
During an interrogation, the two suspects claimed they had a crystal meth storage room in a house at the Torganda residence complex on Jl. Bunga Raya, Medan Sunggal. The police brought the men to Torganda where the suspects, who had apparently armed themselves before being arrested or had obtained guns while in police custody, threatened to shoot the officers with revolvers and fled to a nearby public cemetery.
“They ignored the warning shots, forcing our personnel to shoot them. They died at the location,” said Rina. (ebf)
- Environment minister responds to President’s criticism
- Essay: Losing my religion
- 1.2 million drug abusers live in Jakarta
- Ministry seizes Jakarta’s party bus
- Don’t scare investors away, Jokowi tells ministers
- Bikers banned from new Semanggi Interchange because of selfie fears
- Don’t make us get nothing: Speaker on Jakarta councilors’ allowance increase
- North Korean celebrity's homecoming: Happy to be home or was she kidnapped?
- House lawmaker supports rupiah redenomination
- Minister Susi rejects idea to auction off confiscated fishing boats