Jakarta nightlife curbed during Ramadhan
Callistasia Anggun Wijaya
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Amid growing conservatism, the Jakarta administration is curbing nightlife entertainment in the capital during Ramadhan, instructing all nightclubs to cease operations starting one day before the fasting month, which is expected to commence on May 26. The head of the tourist industry department at the Jakarta Tourism Agency, Jamruhi Androfa, said only bars inside four-and five-star hotels cou...
You might also like :
- Experts warn government against complacency in tackling forest fires
- Jakarta-Cikarang commuter line to begin operation in October
- Jakarta collects Rp 120 million in fines from illegal tree-cutting
- BI criticized for burdening consumers with e-money top-up costs
- Indonesia to organize upcoming Europalia cultural festival
- Government advised to increase ceiling on import taxes
- Elisabeth Moss, a Scientologist, wins Emmy for depicting cult
- Minister Susi to sink 100 more fishing boats this year
- Matahari closes two outlets in Jakarta
- Government preparing regulation for 'core tax system'