Djarot wants dedicated sites for hawkers
The Jakarta Post
Acting Jakarta governor Djarot Saiful Hidayat has demanded all mayors in the capital provide plots of land dedicated for street vendors to sell their goods.
“Ahead of the Ramadhan fasting month, street vendors usually mushroom. Therefore, we need to manage them,” Djarot said on Tuesday as quoted by beritajakarta.id.
After finding proper sites, the administration would team up with private companies through corporate social responsibility (CSR) funds to construct the infrastructure, Djarot said.
The funds could also be disbursed to build parking areas near the trading sites. “It’s OK to use the money to build parking facilities in order to make it easy for customers,” he said. (fac)
- A father’s love: Wiranto explains why his daughter wears niqab
- BLACKPINK’s Jennie sets records with ‘Solo’ videos
- 6 kg of garbage found in dead whale's stomach in Wakatobi
- Jokowi won't grant Nuril amnesty
- Ed Sheeran on BTS: ‘I think they are great’
- Indonesia's latest economic stimulus package: What you need to know
- Indonesia mosques spreading radicalism to government workers: Official
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- AirAsia to move international operations to Soekarno-Hatta airport Terminal 2
- Palm oil industry calls on govt to take 'firm' action against Greenpeace