Djarot wants dedicated sites for hawkers
The Jakarta Post
Acting Jakarta governor Djarot Saiful Hidayat has demanded all mayors in the capital provide plots of land dedicated for street vendors to sell their goods.
“Ahead of the Ramadhan fasting month, street vendors usually mushroom. Therefore, we need to manage them,” Djarot said on Tuesday as quoted by beritajakarta.id.
After finding proper sites, the administration would team up with private companies through corporate social responsibility (CSR) funds to construct the infrastructure, Djarot said.
The funds could also be disbursed to build parking areas near the trading sites. “It’s OK to use the money to build parking facilities in order to make it easy for customers,” he said. (fac)
- ‘I’m just ordinary man now’: Setya collects debts from friends to pay restitutio...
- Sri Lanka train kills mother elephant, two calves
- Trump hits China with tariffs on another $200b in goods
- Florence death toll jumps to 31 as flooding wreaks havoc
- Prosecutors call for Jambi rape victim to be punished to deter abortion
- Indonesia must improve its e-government
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- BTS to appear on ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Payment of 'uang ketok palu' is tradition, councilors admit to corruption court
- Indian bishop accused of raping nun steps aside as arrest calls grow