Police arrest alleged robber in deadly West Jakarta robbery
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Police claimed on Wednesday that they arrested the perpetrator behind a deadly robbery at a gas station on Jl. Daan Mogot, Cengkareng, West Jakarta, in which Davidson Tantono, 30, was shot dead at close range.
Iriawan did not disclose the identity of the alleged perpetrator, saying that the police would make an official statement after the questioning session.
Davidson died on Friday afternoon after two robbers shot him in the head and fled with his bag carrying of Rp 350 million (US$26,319).
Davidson had reportedly withdrawn the money from a bank in Kebon Jeruk, West Jakarta, before driving to the gas station to check on a flat tire.
When he got out of the car, the robbers grabbed his bag, which he had placed near the steering wheel. The victim fought the two robbers for control of the bag before getting shot.
Davidson, who ran a cooperative, had withdrawn the money to cover the cooperative’s general expenses and to provide loans to members ahead of Idul Fitri. (fac/dmr)
- To fast or not? Free of IS, Syrians in Raqa mark relaxed Ramadhan
- Anwar Ibrahim's Jakarta visit packed with media interviews
- Saudis detain women's advocates ahead of driving ban lift
- Homes in East Lombok attacked, Ahmadis take refuge at police HQ
- Boy who could not wait for new phone burns down family's house
- Cuba confirms 110 killed in country's deadliest plane crash since 1989
- UGM launches app to help you help disaster victims
- Indonesia, South Africa organize forum to boost economic ties
- Anwar Ibrahim: Indonesia visit to celebrate ‘Reformasi’
- Trump, Moon discuss N. Korea's threat to scrap summit