Police arrest alleged robber in deadly West Jakarta robbery
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Police claimed on Wednesday that they arrested the perpetrator behind a deadly robbery at a gas station on Jl. Daan Mogot, Cengkareng, West Jakarta, in which Davidson Tantono, 30, was shot dead at close range.
Iriawan did not disclose the identity of the alleged perpetrator, saying that the police would make an official statement after the questioning session.
Davidson died on Friday afternoon after two robbers shot him in the head and fled with his bag carrying of Rp 350 million (US$26,319).
Davidson had reportedly withdrawn the money from a bank in Kebon Jeruk, West Jakarta, before driving to the gas station to check on a flat tire.
When he got out of the car, the robbers grabbed his bag, which he had placed near the steering wheel. The victim fought the two robbers for control of the bag before getting shot.
Davidson, who ran a cooperative, had withdrawn the money to cover the cooperative’s general expenses and to provide loans to members ahead of Idul Fitri. (fac/dmr)
- Thousands sign petition against sentence for Malaysian who abused maid
- Saudi Arabia beheads Indonesian worker despite Jokowi’s pleas for clemency
- Bottled water meets quality standards: BPOM
- Why the rich in Jakarta have better access to water than the poor
- No condoms or cigarettes sold at Muslim convenience store in Depok
- Missing giant yellow duck found in Australia
- Residents clash with police personnel in land execution in C. Sulawesi
- Anies issues regulation simplifying process of shutting down entertainment spots
- With Rp 10 billion, what kind of home can you get in Jakarta?
- Indonesian short film on oil palm industry enters international festivals