Police arrest alleged robber in deadly West Jakarta robbery
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Police claimed on Wednesday that they arrested the perpetrator behind a deadly robbery at a gas station on Jl. Daan Mogot, Cengkareng, West Jakarta, in which Davidson Tantono, 30, was shot dead at close range.
Iriawan did not disclose the identity of the alleged perpetrator, saying that the police would make an official statement after the questioning session.
Davidson died on Friday afternoon after two robbers shot him in the head and fled with his bag carrying of Rp 350 million (US$26,319).
Davidson had reportedly withdrawn the money from a bank in Kebon Jeruk, West Jakarta, before driving to the gas station to check on a flat tire.
When he got out of the car, the robbers grabbed his bag, which he had placed near the steering wheel. The victim fought the two robbers for control of the bag before getting shot.
Davidson, who ran a cooperative, had withdrawn the money to cover the cooperative’s general expenses and to provide loans to members ahead of Idul Fitri. (fac/dmr)
- North Jakarta court jails men for two years over 'gay sex party'
- Bali remains most popular destination for Middle Eastern tourists
- SHINee’s Jonghyun dies in hospital
- Mount Agung not a threat, let’s go to Bali: Minister
- Taeyang, Min Hyo-rin to tie the knot in early 2018
- Golkar kicks off national meeting to inaugurate Airlangga
- Bali prepares complimentary transportation, rooms if Mt. Agung erupts
- Jakarta nightclubs targeted following drug raids
- Milk, mackerel to be part of Jakarta food subsidy program
- Jakarta to procure more emissions test equipment