Police arrest alleged robber in deadly West Jakarta robbery
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Police claimed on Wednesday that they arrested the perpetrator behind a deadly robbery at a gas station on Jl. Daan Mogot, Cengkareng, West Jakarta, in which Davidson Tantono, 30, was shot dead at close range.
Iriawan did not disclose the identity of the alleged perpetrator, saying that the police would make an official statement after the questioning session.
Davidson died on Friday afternoon after two robbers shot him in the head and fled with his bag carrying of Rp 350 million (US$26,319).
Davidson had reportedly withdrawn the money from a bank in Kebon Jeruk, West Jakarta, before driving to the gas station to check on a flat tire.
When he got out of the car, the robbers grabbed his bag, which he had placed near the steering wheel. The victim fought the two robbers for control of the bag before getting shot.
Davidson, who ran a cooperative, had withdrawn the money to cover the cooperative’s general expenses and to provide loans to members ahead of Idul Fitri. (fac/dmr)
- Three former presidents join Jokowi to celebrate Independence Day
- Jokowi praises Jakarta for Semanggi interchange
- Ahok, other prisoners barred from Independence Day event
- Eleven teens suspected in prostitution ring
- UGM tops RI university ranking
- Jokowi inaugurates new Semanggi overpass on Independence Day
- SEA Games: Indonesia beats Philippines 3-0
- China gets tough on long, odd company names
- SBY attends ceremony at State Palace
- KPK gets new information on flow of funds in e-ID graft