Tabanan councilor arrested in Jakarta drug bust
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Police have arrested a councilor from Tabanan, Bali, for alleged drug use.
The councilor, who belongs to the Golkar Party, was identified as INPW.
He was arrested during a police raid of a hotel in Pecenongan, Central Jakarta.
"Yes, we have arrested INPW. Our team is still conducting the investigation," said Jakarta Police narcotics unit head Sr. Comr. Nico Afinta as quoted by kompas.com on Thursday.
Police are currently tracking down another suspect who was allegedly involved in the case.
However, Nico declined to reveal details of the crime as police would soon officially announce the case to the public.
- Obama arrives in Bali
- Media mogul declared intimidation suspect
- Indonesia's Jangkrik field’s first LNG cargo delivered
- Australia sends spy planes to south Philippines
- Former US president Obama to arrive on Bali this afternoon
- Australian citizen denied entry to Bali due to criminal record
- Property developer sees potential to build office buildings for startups in Bali
- Indonesia's upstream projects proposed for strategic project list
- No extravagant ceremony to welcome Obama: Official
- Online drivers choose to stay in Jakarta to earn more cash