Tabanan councilor arrested in Jakarta drug bust
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Police have arrested a councilor from Tabanan, Bali, for alleged drug use.
The councilor, who belongs to the Golkar Party, was identified as INPW.
He was arrested during a police raid of a hotel in Pecenongan, Central Jakarta.
"Yes, we have arrested INPW. Our team is still conducting the investigation," said Jakarta Police narcotics unit head Sr. Comr. Nico Afinta as quoted by kompas.com on Thursday.
Police are currently tracking down another suspect who was allegedly involved in the case.
However, Nico declined to reveal details of the crime as police would soon officially announce the case to the public.
- North Jakarta court jails men for two years over 'gay sex party'
- Bali remains most popular destination for Middle Eastern tourists
- SHINee’s Jonghyun dies in hospital
- Mount Agung not a threat, let’s go to Bali: Minister
- Taeyang, Min Hyo-rin to tie the knot in early 2018
- Golkar kicks off national meeting to inaugurate Airlangga
- Bali prepares complimentary transportation, rooms if Mt. Agung erupts
- Jakarta nightclubs targeted following drug raids
- Milk, mackerel to be part of Jakarta food subsidy program
- Jakarta to procure more emissions test equipment