Tabanan councilor arrested in Jakarta drug bust
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Police have arrested a councilor from Tabanan, Bali, for alleged drug use.
The councilor, who belongs to the Golkar Party, was identified as INPW.
He was arrested during a police raid of a hotel in Pecenongan, Central Jakarta.
"Yes, we have arrested INPW. Our team is still conducting the investigation," said Jakarta Police narcotics unit head Sr. Comr. Nico Afinta as quoted by kompas.com on Thursday.
Police are currently tracking down another suspect who was allegedly involved in the case.
However, Nico declined to reveal details of the crime as police would soon officially announce the case to the public.
- Thousands sign petition against sentence for Malaysian who abused maid
- Saudi Arabia beheads Indonesian worker despite Jokowi’s pleas for clemency
- Bottled water meets quality standards: BPOM
- Why the rich in Jakarta have better access to water than the poor
- No condoms or cigarettes sold at Muslim convenience store in Depok
- Missing giant yellow duck found in Australia
- Residents clash with police personnel in land execution in C. Sulawesi
- Anies issues regulation simplifying process of shutting down entertainment spots
- With Rp 10 billion, what kind of home can you get in Jakarta?
- Indonesian short film on oil palm industry enters international festivals