Tabanan councilor arrested in Jakarta drug bust
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Police have arrested a councilor from Tabanan, Bali, for alleged drug use.
The councilor, who belongs to the Golkar Party, was identified as INPW.
He was arrested during a police raid of a hotel in Pecenongan, Central Jakarta.
"Yes, we have arrested INPW. Our team is still conducting the investigation," said Jakarta Police narcotics unit head Sr. Comr. Nico Afinta as quoted by kompas.com on Thursday.
Police are currently tracking down another suspect who was allegedly involved in the case.
However, Nico declined to reveal details of the crime as police would soon officially announce the case to the public.
- To fast or not? Free of IS, Syrians in Raqa mark relaxed Ramadhan
- Anwar Ibrahim's Jakarta visit packed with media interviews
- Saudis detain women's advocates ahead of driving ban lift
- Homes in East Lombok attacked, Ahmadis take refuge at police HQ
- Boy who could not wait for new phone burns down family's house
- Cuba confirms 110 killed in country's deadliest plane crash since 1989
- UGM launches app to help you help disaster victims
- Indonesia, South Africa organize forum to boost economic ties
- Anwar Ibrahim: Indonesia visit to celebrate ‘Reformasi’
- Trump, Moon discuss N. Korea's threat to scrap summit