Tabanan councilor used drugs because of family issues: Police
The Jakarta Post
A councilor of Tabanan, Bali, who was recently arrested for alleged drug use, consumed the drugs because of a family problem, the Jakarta Police has said.
"The perpetrator had a family problem that made him consume the drugs," Jakarta Police spokesman Sr. Comr. Argo Yuwono said as quoted by kompas.com on Friday.
The councilor, identified only as INPW, and his friend, LOS, 19, were arrested for alleged drug use during a police raid of a hotel in Pecenongan, Central Jakarta, on Tuesday.
Argo alleged the councilor consumed the drugs once.
During the raid, the cops also seized 1.8 grams of crystal methamphetamine, a bong and 2,053 ecstasy pills. (agn)
- North Jakarta court jails men for two years over 'gay sex party'
- Bali remains most popular destination for Middle Eastern tourists
- SHINee’s Jonghyun dies in hospital
- Mount Agung not a threat, let’s go to Bali: Minister
- Taeyang, Min Hyo-rin to tie the knot in early 2018
- Golkar kicks off national meeting to inaugurate Airlangga
- Bali prepares complimentary transportation, rooms if Mt. Agung erupts
- Jakarta nightclubs targeted following drug raids
- Milk, mackerel to be part of Jakarta food subsidy program
- Jakarta to procure more emissions test equipment