Tabanan councilor used drugs because of family issues: Police
The Jakarta Post
A councilor of Tabanan, Bali, who was recently arrested for alleged drug use, consumed the drugs because of a family problem, the Jakarta Police has said.
"The perpetrator had a family problem that made him consume the drugs," Jakarta Police spokesman Sr. Comr. Argo Yuwono said as quoted by kompas.com on Friday.
The councilor, identified only as INPW, and his friend, LOS, 19, were arrested for alleged drug use during a police raid of a hotel in Pecenongan, Central Jakarta, on Tuesday.
Argo alleged the councilor consumed the drugs once.
During the raid, the cops also seized 1.8 grams of crystal methamphetamine, a bong and 2,053 ecstasy pills. (agn)
- Thousands sign petition against sentence for Malaysian who abused maid
- Saudi Arabia beheads Indonesian worker despite Jokowi’s pleas for clemency
- Bottled water meets quality standards: BPOM
- Why the rich in Jakarta have better access to water than the poor
- No condoms or cigarettes sold at Muslim convenience store in Depok
- Missing giant yellow duck found in Australia
- Residents clash with police personnel in land execution in C. Sulawesi
- Anies issues regulation simplifying process of shutting down entertainment spots
- With Rp 10 billion, what kind of home can you get in Jakarta?
- Indonesian short film on oil palm industry enters international festivals