Tabanan councilor used drugs because of family issues: Police
The Jakarta Post
A councilor of Tabanan, Bali, who was recently arrested for alleged drug use, consumed the drugs because of a family problem, the Jakarta Police has said.
"The perpetrator had a family problem that made him consume the drugs," Jakarta Police spokesman Sr. Comr. Argo Yuwono said as quoted by kompas.com on Friday.
The councilor, identified only as INPW, and his friend, LOS, 19, were arrested for alleged drug use during a police raid of a hotel in Pecenongan, Central Jakarta, on Tuesday.
Argo alleged the councilor consumed the drugs once.
During the raid, the cops also seized 1.8 grams of crystal methamphetamine, a bong and 2,053 ecstasy pills. (agn)
- Three former presidents join Jokowi to celebrate Independence Day
- Jokowi praises Jakarta for Semanggi interchange
- Ahok, other prisoners barred from Independence Day event
- Eleven teens suspected in prostitution ring
- UGM tops RI university ranking
- Jokowi inaugurates new Semanggi overpass on Independence Day
- SEA Games: Indonesia beats Philippines 3-0
- China gets tough on long, odd company names
- SBY attends ceremony at State Palace
- KPK gets new information on flow of funds in e-ID graft