Tabanan councilor used drugs because of family issues: Police
The Jakarta Post
A councilor of Tabanan, Bali, who was recently arrested for alleged drug use, consumed the drugs because of a family problem, the Jakarta Police has said.
"The perpetrator had a family problem that made him consume the drugs," Jakarta Police spokesman Sr. Comr. Argo Yuwono said as quoted by kompas.com on Friday.
The councilor, identified only as INPW, and his friend, LOS, 19, were arrested for alleged drug use during a police raid of a hotel in Pecenongan, Central Jakarta, on Tuesday.
Argo alleged the councilor consumed the drugs once.
During the raid, the cops also seized 1.8 grams of crystal methamphetamine, a bong and 2,053 ecstasy pills. (agn)
- Obama arrives in Bali
- Media mogul declared intimidation suspect
- Indonesia's Jangkrik field’s first LNG cargo delivered
- Australia sends spy planes to south Philippines
- Former US president Obama to arrive on Bali this afternoon
- Australian citizen denied entry to Bali due to criminal record
- Property developer sees potential to build office buildings for startups in Bali
- Indonesia's upstream projects proposed for strategic project list
- No extravagant ceremony to welcome Obama: Official
- Online drivers choose to stay in Jakarta to earn more cash