Boston Celtics, Philadelphia 76ers swap top picks: Report
The Boston Celtics and the Philadelphia 76ers have agreed in principle on a trade that would give the 76ers the top pick in the 2017 NBA entry draft, US media reported Saturday.
Multiple outlets reported the deal and said the 76ers would to use the first overall pick to take University of Washington guard Markelle Fultz at Thursday's draft at Barclays Center arena in New York.
Fultz worked out for the 76ers in Philadelphia on Saturday.
The Celtics hold the No. 1 pick and the 76ers have No. 3. The deal is expected to be announced Monday since the league offices are closed on weekends.
The 76ers would have to give up their third pick. The Celtics would also receive at least one more high pick.
- Survey finds Jakarta among world’s worst for women
- Barack Obama returns to the political arena
- Marinda airport in Raja Ampat set to become international airport
- More drug dealers to be shot dead: BNN chief
- Across Asia, liver cancer is linked to herbal remedies: Study
- EDITORIAL: Jokowi grows on the job
- North Jakarta group cancels Alexis Hotel protest
- Airline, bank reach for the sky with e-money
- Philippines to reject EU aid: Duterte
- Preventing osteoporosis: How to boost bone health