Military man stabbed by youths during predawn meal event
The Jakarta Post
An Indonesian Military (TNI) member, Ananda Puji Santoso, 22, was attacked with a sickle after confronting a group of youngsters during a predawn meal event in Kemayoran, Central Jakarta, in the early hours of Saturday.
Ananda was hanging out with fellow military personnel when all of a sudden a group of youngsters taking part in the event reportedly shouted harsh words at Ananda while riding their motorbikes.
“[Ananda] could not accept their words so he approached them. But, two of them took out sickles,” said Central Jakarta Police Chief Sr.Comr. Suyudi Ario Seto on Sunday as quoted by tribunnews.com
After trying to dodge the attacks, one person stabbed Ananda’s wrist, causing him to run from the scene. Ananda was later taken to Hermina Hospital.
Suyudi added that the police were still hunting down the perpetrators. (wnd/wit)
- Survey finds Jakarta among world’s worst for women
- Barack Obama returns to the political arena
- Marinda airport in Raja Ampat set to become international airport
- More drug dealers to be shot dead: BNN chief
- Across Asia, liver cancer is linked to herbal remedies: Study
- EDITORIAL: Jokowi grows on the job
- North Jakarta group cancels Alexis Hotel protest
- Airline, bank reach for the sky with e-money
- Philippines to reject EU aid: Duterte
- Preventing osteoporosis: How to boost bone health