Military man stabbed by youths during predawn meal event
The Jakarta Post
An Indonesian Military (TNI) member, Ananda Puji Santoso, 22, was attacked with a sickle after confronting a group of youngsters during a predawn meal event in Kemayoran, Central Jakarta, in the early hours of Saturday.
Ananda was hanging out with fellow military personnel when all of a sudden a group of youngsters taking part in the event reportedly shouted harsh words at Ananda while riding their motorbikes.
“[Ananda] could not accept their words so he approached them. But, two of them took out sickles,” said Central Jakarta Police Chief Sr.Comr. Suyudi Ario Seto on Sunday as quoted by tribunnews.com
After trying to dodge the attacks, one person stabbed Ananda’s wrist, causing him to run from the scene. Ananda was later taken to Hermina Hospital.
Suyudi added that the police were still hunting down the perpetrators. (wnd/wit)
- Saudi Arabia's jailed trailblazers
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Three foreign tourists rescued after failed fishing trip in Aceh
- Indonesia poised to benefit as China's Belt and Road turns green
- Suspected terrorist shot dead in Pamanukan for resisting arrest
- Mexico caught up in victorious jumble of joy
- At midnight, Riyadh erupts in cheers for a woman in a car
- US Navy planning new camps to support immigration crackdown: Report
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- 5 wall shelf design ideas for small spaces