Military man stabbed by youths during predawn meal event
The Jakarta Post
An Indonesian Military (TNI) member, Ananda Puji Santoso, 22, was attacked with a sickle after confronting a group of youngsters during a predawn meal event in Kemayoran, Central Jakarta, in the early hours of Saturday.
Ananda was hanging out with fellow military personnel when all of a sudden a group of youngsters taking part in the event reportedly shouted harsh words at Ananda while riding their motorbikes.
“[Ananda] could not accept their words so he approached them. But, two of them took out sickles,” said Central Jakarta Police Chief Sr.Comr. Suyudi Ario Seto on Sunday as quoted by tribunnews.com
After trying to dodge the attacks, one person stabbed Ananda’s wrist, causing him to run from the scene. Ananda was later taken to Hermina Hospital.
Suyudi added that the police were still hunting down the perpetrators. (wnd/wit)
- Obama arrives in Bali
- Media mogul declared intimidation suspect
- Indonesia's Jangkrik field’s first LNG cargo delivered
- Australia sends spy planes to south Philippines
- Former US president Obama to arrive on Bali this afternoon
- Australian citizen denied entry to Bali due to criminal record
- Property developer sees potential to build office buildings for startups in Bali
- Indonesia's upstream projects proposed for strategic project list
- No extravagant ceremony to welcome Obama: Official
- Online drivers choose to stay in Jakarta to earn more cash