Jokowi firm on high presidential threshold
Margareth S. Aritonang and Haeril Halim
The Jakarta Post
As the clock ticks and political elites push for a deal in last-ditch negotiations over requirements to field a presidential candidate in the 2019 race, President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo, who is likely to seek reelection, appealed to retain a high presidential threshold.
The presidential threshold, which is the minimum percentage of the vote a party or coalition of parties needs in the leg...
- Pertamina renewable investment portion to reach 15 percent by 2030
- Construction of Central Jakarta Police headquarters to begin in April
- Google Assistant adds more languages in global push
- Apple plans upgrades to popular AirPods headphones
- What to watch for in gadgets, deals from the biggest mobile show
- Death toll in Syria enclave tops 500 after UN delays truce vote
- Bogor reduces more than 5 tons of waste a day
- Deputy governor Perry Warjiyo nominated to head Bank Indonesia
- Hopeful travelers line up overnight for flight promotions
- Three bombs hit capital of Myanmar's Rakhine state