Jokowi firm on high presidential threshold
Margareth S. Aritonang and Haeril Halim
The Jakarta Post
As the clock ticks and political elites push for a deal in last-ditch negotiations over requirements to field a presidential candidate in the 2019 race, President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo, who is likely to seek reelection, appealed to retain a high presidential threshold.
The presidential threshold, which is the minimum percentage of the vote a party or coalition of parties needs in the leg...
- Teacher charged with child abuse for slapping students
- Garuda Indonesia's Kartini Flight features all-female pilots, cabin crew, groundcrew
- School accuses travel agency of fraud
- Indonesia considers joining TPP-11
- North Korea's Kim promises no more nuclear or missile tests
- Ants that 'explode' to fight foes discovered on Borneo
- Janelle Monae plans dystopian film to accompany album
- Bootleg liquor claims more lives in Bekasi
- The charm of Disney on Ice
- New York to ban cars from Manhattan's Central Park