Jokowi firm on high presidential threshold
Margareth S. Aritonang and Haeril Halim
The Jakarta Post
As the clock ticks and political elites push for a deal in last-ditch negotiations over requirements to field a presidential candidate in the 2019 race, President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo, who is likely to seek reelection, appealed to retain a high presidential threshold.
The presidential threshold, which is the minimum percentage of the vote a party or coalition of parties needs in the leg...
- Obama arrives in Bali
- Media mogul declared intimidation suspect
- Indonesia's Jangkrik field’s first LNG cargo delivered
- Australia sends spy planes to south Philippines
- Former US president Obama to arrive on Bali this afternoon
- Australian citizen denied entry to Bali due to criminal record
- Property developer sees potential to build office buildings for startups in Bali
- Indonesia's upstream projects proposed for strategic project list
- No extravagant ceremony to welcome Obama: Official
- Online drivers choose to stay in Jakarta to earn more cash