Jokowi firm on high presidential threshold
Margareth S. Aritonang and Haeril Halim
The Jakarta Post
As the clock ticks and political elites push for a deal in last-ditch negotiations over requirements to field a presidential candidate in the 2019 race, President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo, who is likely to seek reelection, appealed to retain a high presidential threshold.
The presidential threshold, which is the minimum percentage of the vote a party or coalition of parties needs in the leg...
- Agnez Mo announces collaboration with Chris Brown
- Flights to Bali fall by 30 percent: Inaca
- Apartment construction work blamed for floods in Central Jakarta
- Thousands of passengers stuck as ‘angkot’ drivers strike
- Five cadets found guilty of murder
- Garuda Indonesia signs 10-year contract extension with GMF
- Setya's pretrial hearing adjourned until Thursday
- Grab, Paytren sign business deal
- Garcia Marquez archive now accessible online
- Setya says he has been 'suffering from diarrhea' during hearing