Jokowi, Trump to hold talk on sidelines of G20 Summit
The Jakarta Post
President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo is scheduled to hold a bilateral meeting with President of the United States Donald Trump on the sidelines of the G20 summit in Germany next month.
Foreign Affairs Minister Retno Marsudi said on Wednesday that she and US Foreign Minister Rex Tillerson had talked in a phone call on Tuesday night related to the bilateral meeting.
“President Jokowi and President Trump are expected to talk about several issues including the terrorism threat,” Retno told reporters.Read also: Indonesia, US settle trade row after Jokowi meets Pence
She added that Tillerson also told her that Trump was very impressed with a speech delivered by Jokowi at the Arab Islamic American Summit in May, in which he emphasized the importance of a soft approach in the fight against terrorism.
“Therefore, President Trump is hoping to follow up the speech as well as open possibilities of cooperation in counterterrorism action,” Retno continued.
Nineteen country leaders, two European Union leaders and nine invited guest country leaders are scheduled to meet at the upcoming G20 Summit in Hamburg from July 7 to July 8. (dmr)
- Residents near Mt. Agung begin to relocate their livestock
- G30S/PKI film is the correct version of history: Tommy Soeharto
- Uber tops 500,000 signatures on petition to halt London ban
- Keep calm and enjoy Bali: Tourism association
- Wiranto calms fear over weapon shipment rumor
- Owner of Islamic matchmaking site arrested, charged under Pornography Law
- Thousands flee rumbling Mount Agung
- Gatot order on PKI film could create division: PDI-P
- Singapore IS fighter challenges Prince Harry in video
- ‘Unicorn Gundam’ illuminated, dazzles in official unveiling