KPK to name new suspect in e-ID graft soon
The Jakarta Post
The Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) has wrapped up its case screening on the electronic identity card (e-ID) graft case and expected to announce new suspect soon.
KPK chairman Agus Rahardjo said that the anti-graft body expected to announce the new suspect later this month.
“We have finished the case expose and the decision has been made. Just wait, it will be later this month,” Agus said Tuesday.
KPK has named four individuals suspects in the bribery case, two senior officials at the Home Ministry Irman and Sugiharto, member of the House of Representatives Miryam S. Haryani and businessman Andi Narogong.
Speculation was rife that the KPK would soon name House Speaker Setya Novanto as suspect in the case.
Setya skipped a questioning session last Friday due to unspecified illness.
A hearing of the trial of Irman and Sugiharto in April revealed that Setya was only willing to help businessman Andi “Narogong” Agustinus secure Rp 5.9 trillion in funding for the project because the senior Golkar politician allegedly had joint-venture companies with Andi.
A KPK prosecutor suggested in the hearing that Setya’s son Reza Herwindo allegedly worked for a company controlled by Andi. (mtr)
- Beware the dangers of pre-cooked meals
- Korean comedy-drama sparks uproar for 'disrespecting Islam'
- 4 cities in Indonesia where you can travel by foot
- Another cargo plane skids off runway in Papua
- WhatsApp adds Picture-in-Picture feature on Android 8.0
- Six ITB students injured by crumbling pillar
- Wonderful Indonesia Festival 2017 to grace Manila
- Foreign tourists flocked to Penyengat Island Festival 2017
- Jember crowned Indonesia's Carnival City
- Danilo completes Man City move