KPK to name new suspect in e-ID graft soon
The Jakarta Post
The Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) has wrapped up its case screening on the electronic identity card (e-ID) graft case and expected to announce new suspect soon.
KPK chairman Agus Rahardjo said that the anti-graft body expected to announce the new suspect later this month.
“We have finished the case expose and the decision has been made. Just wait, it will be later this month,” Agus said Tuesday.
KPK has named four individuals suspects in the bribery case, two senior officials at the Home Ministry Irman and Sugiharto, member of the House of Representatives Miryam S. Haryani and businessman Andi Narogong.
Speculation was rife that the KPK would soon name House Speaker Setya Novanto as suspect in the case.
Setya skipped a questioning session last Friday due to unspecified illness.
A hearing of the trial of Irman and Sugiharto in April revealed that Setya was only willing to help businessman Andi “Narogong” Agustinus secure Rp 5.9 trillion in funding for the project because the senior Golkar politician allegedly had joint-venture companies with Andi.
A KPK prosecutor suggested in the hearing that Setya’s son Reza Herwindo allegedly worked for a company controlled by Andi. (mtr)
- TV program under fire for showing protected giant clam being cooked
- Group touts Susi Pudjiastuti as Jokowi’s running mate
- New rule no 'carte blanche' for foreign workers: Minister
- Kate, wife of UK's Prince William, taken to hospital to give birth to third child
- Mitsubishi, Honda introduce special edition cars at IIMS
- Government issues revised regulation on tax holidays
- Palm oil exports fall by 14% in February: Gapki
- EDITORIAL: When interests collide
- Astra's financing wing to issue global bond in second half
- Indonesian-made messaging app Callind launches in Jakarta