Listening to music, motorist grazed by passing train in North Jakarta
The Jakarta Post
Lilis Aristiani, 20, a North Jakarta resident, suffered injuries after a train grazed her as she passed a railroad crossing in East Pademangan, North Jakarta.
The incident took place at around 6:30 a.m. on Tuesday, North Jakarta Police traffic unit head Adj. Comr. Sigit Purwanto said.
“The driver was listening to music on her earphones. She was grazed by the passing train and she was immediately taken to the hospital,” he said as reported by kompas.com.Read also: Two children dead after being hit by train in Jakarta
Sigit said it was suspected that Lilis did not hear the train signal sound. She tried to pass the crossing and the train struck the back side of her motorcycle, causing her to fall.
Lilis survived the incident but suffered several injuries and her motorcycle was broken.(wnd/rin)
- Residents near Mt. Agung begin to relocate their livestock
- G30S/PKI film is the correct version of history: Tommy Soeharto
- Uber tops 500,000 signatures on petition to halt London ban
- Keep calm and enjoy Bali: Tourism association
- Wiranto calms fear over weapon shipment rumor
- Owner of Islamic matchmaking site arrested, charged under Pornography Law
- Thousands flee rumbling Mount Agung
- Gatot order on PKI film could create division: PDI-P
- Singapore IS fighter challenges Prince Harry in video
- ‘Unicorn Gundam’ illuminated, dazzles in official unveiling