Listening to music, motorist grazed by passing train in North Jakarta
The Jakarta Post
Lilis Aristiani, 20, a North Jakarta resident, suffered injuries after a train grazed her as she passed a railroad crossing in East Pademangan, North Jakarta.
The incident took place at around 6:30 a.m. on Tuesday, North Jakarta Police traffic unit head Adj. Comr. Sigit Purwanto said.
“The driver was listening to music on her earphones. She was grazed by the passing train and she was immediately taken to the hospital,” he said as reported by kompas.com.Read also: Two children dead after being hit by train in Jakarta
Sigit said it was suspected that Lilis did not hear the train signal sound. She tried to pass the crossing and the train struck the back side of her motorcycle, causing her to fall.
Lilis survived the incident but suffered several injuries and her motorcycle was broken.(wnd/rin)
- Saudi Arabia's jailed trailblazers
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- US Navy planning new camps to support immigration crackdown: Report
- Suspected terrorist shot dead in Pamanukan for resisting arrest
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Indonesia poised to benefit as China's Belt and Road turns green
- Cuba to get ready for same sex marriage: Castro daughter
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- India offers free e-visa for Indonesians
- Civilian appointed as temporary N. Sumatra governor