Listening to music, motorist grazed by passing train in North Jakarta
The Jakarta Post
Lilis Aristiani, 20, a North Jakarta resident, suffered injuries after a train grazed her as she passed a railroad crossing in East Pademangan, North Jakarta.
The incident took place at around 6:30 a.m. on Tuesday, North Jakarta Police traffic unit head Adj. Comr. Sigit Purwanto said.
“The driver was listening to music on her earphones. She was grazed by the passing train and she was immediately taken to the hospital,” he said as reported by kompas.com.Read also: Two children dead after being hit by train in Jakarta
Sigit said it was suspected that Lilis did not hear the train signal sound. She tried to pass the crossing and the train struck the back side of her motorcycle, causing her to fall.
Lilis survived the incident but suffered several injuries and her motorcycle was broken.(wnd/rin)
- TV program under fire for showing protected giant clam being cooked
- Group touts Susi Pudjiastuti as Jokowi’s running mate
- New rule no 'carte blanche' for foreign workers: Minister
- Kate, wife of UK's Prince William, taken to hospital to give birth to third child
- Mitsubishi, Honda introduce special edition cars at IIMS
- Government issues revised regulation on tax holidays
- Palm oil exports fall by 14% in February: Gapki
- EDITORIAL: When interests collide
- Astra's financing wing to issue global bond in second half
- Indonesian-made messaging app Callind launches in Jakarta