Listening to music, motorist grazed by passing train in North Jakarta
The Jakarta Post
Lilis Aristiani, 20, a North Jakarta resident, suffered injuries after a train grazed her as she passed a railroad crossing in East Pademangan, North Jakarta.
The incident took place at around 6:30 a.m. on Tuesday, North Jakarta Police traffic unit head Adj. Comr. Sigit Purwanto said.
“The driver was listening to music on her earphones. She was grazed by the passing train and she was immediately taken to the hospital,” he said as reported by kompas.com.Read also: Two children dead after being hit by train in Jakarta
Sigit said it was suspected that Lilis did not hear the train signal sound. She tried to pass the crossing and the train struck the back side of her motorcycle, causing her to fall.
Lilis survived the incident but suffered several injuries and her motorcycle was broken.(wnd/rin)
- Airport trains no longer have single fare
- Average British dinner lasts 21 minutes: survey
- Electronic parking meters on Jl Sabang to be reactivated
- Satpol PP officer dies after being hit by airport train
- Twitter says Russia-linked accounts more widespread
- Tom Petty died of accidental overdose: family