Listening to music, motorist grazed by passing train in North Jakarta
The Jakarta Post
Lilis Aristiani, 20, a North Jakarta resident, suffered injuries after a train grazed her as she passed a railroad crossing in East Pademangan, North Jakarta.
The incident took place at around 6:30 a.m. on Tuesday, North Jakarta Police traffic unit head Adj. Comr. Sigit Purwanto said.
“The driver was listening to music on her earphones. She was grazed by the passing train and she was immediately taken to the hospital,” he said as reported by kompas.com.Read also: Two children dead after being hit by train in Jakarta
Sigit said it was suspected that Lilis did not hear the train signal sound. She tried to pass the crossing and the train struck the back side of her motorcycle, causing her to fall.
Lilis survived the incident but suffered several injuries and her motorcycle was broken.(wnd/rin)
- Metro TV fires reporter connected to Setya
- Japan proposes to build new tracks for Jakarta-Surabaya railway: Minister
- End nears for Mugabe as ruling party turns against him
- Online exhibit shows hidden depths of Picasso's 'Guernica'
- Tourism Ministry to focus on developing four New Balis next year
- Commentary: Stop making jokes about Setya. It's not funny anymore.
- Macron's popularity recovers as French see him keeping promises
- Boxer knocks out rival in 11 seconds
- UK aims for driverless cars by 2021
- Germany in political crisis as coalition talks collapse