Despite ban, social media to stay open
Safrin La Batu and Anton Hermansyah
The Jakarta Post
Responding to widespread concern that the Communications and Information Ministry’s decision to block messaging app Telegram was a precursor to a blanket ban on popular platforms like YouTube and Facebook, President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo made assurances on Sunday that the new policy would not affect other social media platforms.
“There’s no block targeted at other social media plat...
- Teacher charged with child abuse for slapping students
- Garuda Indonesia's Kartini Flight features all-female pilots, cabin crew, groundcrew
- School accuses travel agency of fraud
- Indonesia considers joining TPP-11
- North Korea's Kim promises no more nuclear or missile tests
- Ants that 'explode' to fight foes discovered on Borneo
- Janelle Monae plans dystopian film to accompany album
- Bootleg liquor claims more lives in Bekasi
- The charm of Disney on Ice
- New York to ban cars from Manhattan's Central Park