Despite ban, social media to stay open
Safrin La Batu and Anton Hermansyah
The Jakarta Post
Responding to widespread concern that the Communications and Information Ministry’s decision to block messaging app Telegram was a precursor to a blanket ban on popular platforms like YouTube and Facebook, President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo made assurances on Sunday that the new policy would not affect other social media platforms.
“There’s no block targeted at other social media plat...
- Government deregulates several policies for foreign cruise ships
- EDITORIAL: Death of free speech
- Mount Agung activity on the rise: Agency
- Government prepares Rp 94.53t in energy subsidies for next year
- Soekarno–Hatta International Airport Skytrain is officially launched
- Parent sends open letter to Jokowi, seeking justice for son’s death
- Fishermen, including from Indonesia, 'kept like slaves' in Taiwan
- Regtech, legal tech firms join forces in IRLA
- People are delusional about PKI: Law and human rights minister
- Garuda delays plan to purchase planes