Despite ban, social media to stay open
Safrin La Batu and Anton Hermansyah
The Jakarta Post
Responding to widespread concern that the Communications and Information Ministry’s decision to block messaging app Telegram was a precursor to a blanket ban on popular platforms like YouTube and Facebook, President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo made assurances on Sunday that the new policy would not affect other social media platforms.
“There’s no block targeted at other social media plat...
- Beware the dangers of pre-cooked meals
- Four cities in Indonesia where you can travel by foot
- Korean comedy-drama sparks uproar for 'disrespecting Islam'
- Another cargo plane skids off runway in Papua
- WhatsApp adds Picture-in-Picture feature on Android 8.0
- Six ITB students injured by crumbling pillar
- Foreign tourists flocked to Penyengat Island Festival 2017
- Wonderful Indonesia Festival 2017 to grace Manila
- Jember crowned Indonesia's Carnival City
- Danilo completes Man City move