Jakarta Post

Please Update your browser

Your browser is out of date, and may not be compatible with our website. A list of the most popular web browsers can be found below.
Just click on the icons to get to the download page.

Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
Video Weather icon 26°C
DKI Jakarta, Indonesia
26°C Light Rain

Rain until tomorrow morning, starting again tomorrow afternoon.

  • Thu

    26℃ - 31℃

  • Fri

    26℃ - 32℃

  • Sat

    27℃ - 32℃

  • Sun

    26℃ - 30℃

Former Bakamla deputy head gets 4.25 years in prison

  • News Desk

    The Jakarta Post

Jakarta | Mon, July 17, 2017 | 11:10 pm
Former Bakamla deputy head gets 4.25 years in prison Maritime Security Board (Bakamla) deputy chairman Eko Susilo Hadi sits at the Jakarta Corruption Court on May 3, 2017 as defendant in the corruption surrounding the procurement of satellite monitoring system at the Bakamla. (Antara/Rosa Panggabean)

The Jakarta Corruption Court sentenced former Maritime Security Board (Bakamla) deputy chairman Eko Susilo Hadi on Monday to four years and three months in prison for receiving kickbacks.

The panel of judges also ordered him to pay Rp 200 million (US$15,000) in fines as he has been found guilty of receiving US$88,500, €10,000 and S$100,000 in kickbacks from businessmen as rewards for helping them win a bid to supply satellite monitoring equipment.

When judge Yohannes Priyana asked him whether he would appeal, Eko said, “I accept the verdict.”

Read also: Businessmen get 1.5 years in Bakamla graft case

Judge Sofialdy pointed out that Eko asked for a kickback involving an order from Bakamla chief Vice Adm. Arie Soedewo in late October last year. Arie had testified as a witness during the trial.

“If we have sufficient preliminary evidence, we can continue the investigation [and name new suspects],” Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) spokesman Febri Diansyah told The Jakarta Post.

He, however, said that investigations into active military officers are under the authority of the military police.

Indonesian military police commander Maj. Gen. Dodik Wijanarko declined to comment when asked if the force would follow up on the verdict with a new investigation. (kuk/bbs)

Join the discussions