Local firm inks deal with buyers to supply energy to industrial park
The Jakarta Post
Local energy firm PT Energi Nusantara Merah Putih (ENMP) has signed a preliminary agreement with eight companies to supply electricity for a power plant to be constructed in Bantaeng Industrial Park (KIB), South Sulawesi.
ENMP plans to build a combined-cycle power plant (PLTGU) with a capacity of 600 megawatt (MW) and a liquefied natural gas (LNG) receiving terminal.
“With buyers in hand, we are ready to begin construction. If everything goes well, we will start the work in the first quarter of 2018,” said ENMP president director Westana H. Wiraatmadja, adding that the project was to be completed within three years.Read also: Bantaeng to have Indonesia’s first cryo-integrated LNG terminal
ENMP also seeks to buy domestic gas supply. “We will need about 130 mmscfd up to 150 mmscfd to generate that 600 MW,” he said.
Both projects are estimated to cost US$980 million.
Bantaeng Regent Nurdin Abdullah, who was present at the signing ceremony, said the projects would boost development in KIB Bantaeng.
“Companies in KIB are still relying on wind-powered plants in Jeneponto. But they can only provide about 450 MW of electricity. The 3,000-hectare park will need at least 2,400 MW to operate properly.”
The companies that signed the deal with ENMP were PT Huadi Nickel Alloy, PT Titan Mineral Utama, PT Bantaeng Central Asia Steel, PT Sinar Deli Bantaeng, PT Intim Perkasa Energi, PT Multi Kilang Pratama, PT Sergion Techno and Inensunan Mills Indonesia. (dea)
- Barack Obama returns to the political arena
- Survey finds Jakarta among world’s worst for women
- Marinda airport in Raja Ampat set to become international airport
- More drug dealers to be shot dead: BNN chief
- Across Asia, liver cancer is linked to herbal remedies: Study
- Airline, bank reach for the sky with e-money
- EDITORIAL: Jokowi grows on the job
- Preventing osteoporosis: How to boost bone health
- North Jakarta group cancels Alexis Hotel protest
- Philippines to reject EU aid: Duterte