Golkar politician arrested for drug abuse
Gemma Holliani Cahya and Callistasia Anggun Wijaya
The Jakarta Post
The police have nabbed a Golkar Party politician and two other men at an entertainment club for an alleged drug abuse.
Officers from the Jakarta Police narcotics division arrested Indra Jaya Pilian, the head of Golkar's research and development division, and his two friends, Romi Fernando and Ismail Jamani, at the Opal Diamond, a Karaoke room in Taman Sari subdistrict, West Jakarta. Indra allegedly consumed drugs at the venue with his friends.
The police also found a pipe, a plastic bag and a lighter inside the room.
“We carried out a urine test on them. Three of them tested positive [for drugs],” Jakarta Police spokesman Sr. Comr. Argo Yuwono told the media on Thursday at the headquarters of the Jakarta Police.
Argo said that during the investigation, Indra, who worked at the Administrative and Bureaucratic Reform Ministry, admitted to have been using crystal methamphetamine, or shabu-shabu, for a year.
“He said he used it to ease tiredness and increase his stamina,” Argo said.
The police are investigating the case further to uncover the sellers of the drugs.
- PLN has signed contracts for power plants to generate 31,000 MW
- Anies, Sandiaga leave town
- 'Despacito' sweeps Latin Grammys -- and heads to Asia
- Journalist named suspect over traffic accident involving Setya Novanto
- Hundreds of residents escorted out of besieged Papuan villages
- Jokowi orders Setya to obey law
- Album Review: 'Reputation' by Taylor Swift
- Jakarta least tolerant city in Indonesia: human rights group
- Victoria's Secret gala hits snag in China as model pulls out
- Pertamina says fuel prices need to be increased