W. Jakarta fourth-grader bites man who tried to abduct her
The Jakarta Post
An abduction attempt targeting a pupil of SDN 01 state elementary school in Tanjung Duren, West Jakarta, failed on Wednesday after the little girl reportedly bit the would-be abductor’s hand.
The school’s principal, Mulyadi, said the incident occurred at around 1 p.m. when all of the students had left the school but three fourth-graders were passing the street behind the school on the way to a tutoring session.
“School ended at 1 p.m. The student wanted to attend a tutoring session but before going there, she bought snacks near the school building,” Mulyadi said, as quoted by wartakota.tribunnews.com.
The victim’s home, he added, was located only 20 meters from the school. The alleged perpetrator tried to smother the victim but she bit his hand, causing him to lose his grip on her. The girl then ran away.
According to the victim’s information, there were two perpetrators. The first one tried to abduct her while the other waited in a car.
“The perpetrators were old. They wore hats so it was hard to identify them. The victim also said there were other children locked in the car and tied up. However, so far we have not received any reports of missing children,” Mulyadi said.
Following the apparent abduction, the school has tightened security. The students are no longer allowed to leave the premises during recess, and when school ends they have to wait for their parents to pick them up.
Separately, Tanjung Duren Police general crimes unit head Adj. Sr. Comr. Rensa Aktadevia said the police were investigating the case but declined to provide further details. (wnd/wit)
- Bali to develop offshore airport
- Provincial governments to maximize inter-province trade
- Yogyakarta to transform into Indonesian Silicon Valley
- Winners of the 2018 Brit Awards
- German arrested over alleged drug smuggling
- Yogyakarta academicians call on MK chief justice to step down
- Five feared dead, dozens buried in Brebes landslide
- Novel Baswedan returns home
- Bentley launches third generation Continental GT in Indonesia
- Briton arrested over alleged attempt to smuggle diazepam