Survey finds Jakarta among world’s worst for women
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM The family of Dewi, a pseudonym, decided to drop a legal case at the beginning of 2017 against a man who raped her in Jakarta. She was ultimately forced to marry the perpetrator, because her family thought it would be best for her and the child in her womb. Such a case, according to the Jakarta Legal Aid Institute (LBH Jakarta), which assisted Dewi’s attempt to pursue justice, reflects th...
You might also like :
- Indonesia must improve its e-government
- ‘I’m just ordinary man now’: Setya collects debts from friends to pay restitutio...
- Three elephants in Jambi relocated to prevent inbreeding
- Economic nationalism is back in Indonesia as election approaches
- Sri Lanka train kills mother elephant, two calves
- BTS cancels collaboration with Yasushi Akimoto
- Dalai Lama: I knew of sex abuse by Buddhist teachers since 1990s
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- 'Kinky Boots' encourages Chinese drag queens to 'be themselves'
- Trump hits China with tariffs on another $200b in goods