Jokowi, SBY meet again at Merdeka Palace
The Jakarta Post
President Joko "Jokowi" Widodo and former president Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono met at the Merdeka Palace in Jakarta on Friday.
Yudhoyono arrived at 2 p.m. much to the surprise of journalist, as the Democratic Party patron had not been scheduled in Jokowi’s agenda.
Jokowi welcomed his predecessor himself. They sat at the palace's veranda, where they engaged in a discussion and had tea.
Read also: SBY no show during state address, again
It was the second meeting between the two at the Palace. A similar meeting took place on March. 9, during which they mended ties ahead of the second round of the Jakarta election, according to analysts.
President Joko "Jokowi" Widodo meets with his predecessor Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono, a Democratic Party chairman, at Merdeka Palace in Jakarta on March 9. (State palace/Laily Rachev)
Yudhoyono recently came under the spotlight after he said that the Democratic Party would file a political petition against the government if the latter did not revise the newly enacted law on mass organizations (Ormas).
The Dems backed the government during a recent plenary meeting at the House of Representative to pass the controversial regulation in lieu of law (Perppu) into law, but under the condition that some provisions be revised immediately. (afr/bbs)
- Lake Toba to hold Gowes Samosir cycling event
- Celebrity Fitri Carlina endorses Wonderful Indonesia, Banyuwangi tourism
- Karetan Market partners with waste management startup company
- Block porn or be blocked, Indonesia warns Google, Twitter
- Facebook launches new ‘Facebook Creator’ app for video content creators
- West Papua to host Senja Kaimana Festival 2017
- Tourism Ministry, KBRI promote five Indonesian destinations in Thailand
- Saung Angklung Udjo holds seventh Angklung Pride in Bandung
- East Java to host Situbondo Carnival
- Karetan Market holds vlog competition for visitors