Jokowi, SBY meet again at Merdeka Palace
The Jakarta Post
President Joko "Jokowi" Widodo and former president Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono met at the Merdeka Palace in Jakarta on Friday.
Yudhoyono arrived at 2 p.m. much to the surprise of journalist, as the Democratic Party patron had not been scheduled in Jokowi’s agenda.
Jokowi welcomed his predecessor himself. They sat at the palace's veranda, where they engaged in a discussion and had tea.
Read also: SBY no show during state address, again
It was the second meeting between the two at the Palace. A similar meeting took place on March. 9, during which they mended ties ahead of the second round of the Jakarta election, according to analysts.
President Joko "Jokowi" Widodo meets with his predecessor Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono, a Democratic Party chairman, at Merdeka Palace in Jakarta on March 9. (State palace/Laily Rachev)
Yudhoyono recently came under the spotlight after he said that the Democratic Party would file a political petition against the government if the latter did not revise the newly enacted law on mass organizations (Ormas).
The Dems backed the government during a recent plenary meeting at the House of Representative to pass the controversial regulation in lieu of law (Perppu) into law, but under the condition that some provisions be revised immediately. (afr/bbs)
- Jokowi’s surprise for Korea
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Palm oil waste-fueled generators produce electricity in Kutai
- Semen Indonesia acquires Holcim Indonesia
- Merpati escapes bankruptcy, but no guarantee it will fly again
- Bank Indonesia hikes rate to 6 percent
- Next US House foreign affairs chief vows to check Trump, warns Russia
- Prabowo plans Singapore-like taxes for Indonesia
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- Lion Air passengers change planes because of broken AC