Major reshuffle of high-ranking TNI officers
Marguerite Afra Sapiie
The Jakarta Post
Ninety-one high-ranking Indonesian Military (TNI) officers are set to be transferred or promoted, TNI Commander Gen. Gatot Nurmantyo has revealed.
Speaking on the sidelines of an event in East Jakarta on Tuesday, Gatot said the policy was part of the officers' career development in accordance with challenges related to geo politics and national security.
“The TNI continues to boost personnel performance through transfers and promotions. It will motivate them to work harder,” Gatot said as quoted by Antara on Tuesday.
Among the officers who will be moved are those in preparation for retirement. For instance, Army deputy chief of staff Lt. Gen. Hinsa Siburian, who will be replaced by Diponegoro Military Command chief Maj. Gen. Tatang Sulaiman.
Tatang will be replaced by the TNI spokesperson Maj. Gen. Wuryanto and the latter’s position is set to be filled by Brig. Gen. Mohamad Sabrar Fadhilah, who is currently the chief of staff at Diponegoro Military Command, which is in Central Java.
An Mi-35P attack helicopter performs a drill during the commemoration of the 72nd anniversary of the Indonesian Military (TNI) in Cilegon, Banten, on Oct. 5. (JP/Dhoni Setiawan)
The TNI Commander’s Decree dated Oct. 27 stipulates that the 91 senior officers comprise 50 officers from the Army, 19 from the Navy and 22 from the Air Force.
Among other high-profile officers set to change positions is Pattimura Military Command chief Maj. Gen. Doni Monardo who will replace Maj. Gen M. Herindra as Siliwangi Military Command chief in West Java.
Meanwhile, the current National Air Defense Commander (Pangkohanudnas) First Marshall Yuyu Yustina will be appointed as Air Force deputy chief of staff. (bbs)
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Using the best of Security Council membership for Palestine-Israel conflict
- UK visa requirements relaxed for Indonesian students
- Malaysia's Najib explains why he had so many luxury handbags, lots of cash, jewe...
- We deserve more choices
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Number missing in Indonesia ferry disaster jumps again to 192: official
- Intel CEO resigns after probe of relationship with employee
- Handgun found in bin at Soekarno-Hatta airport
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens