Transjakarta to modify Ragunan-Monas bus route
Callistasia Anggun Wijaya
The Jakarta Post
PT Transjakarta, the city-owned bus operator, is set to change the bus route connecting Ragunan, South Jakarta, to Monas, Central Jakarta, next week to avoid areas with severe traffic congestion caused by ongoing infrastructure projects on some streets.
The journey should only take one hour with the new route, which uses Jl. Antasari, South Jakarta, Transjakarta president director Budi Kaliwono said in a statement on Thursday.
“The travel time is shorter compared to the routes passing Semanggi or Kuningan, which can take more than two hours,” Budi said.
The new route will start at Ragunan bus terminal via the Agriculture Department (Deptan), Senayan traffic circle, Bung Karno Sports Complex (GBK), the Jakarta Police headquarters, Bendungan Hilir, Karet, Dukuh Atas 1, Tosari, Sarinah, Bank Indonesia and finish at Monas.
Passengers who alight at Senayan traffic circle can continue their journey on buses serving Blok M – Kota, Ciputat-Tosari, Poris-Senayan traffic circle, Puri Beta-Hotel Indonesia, TU Gas-Senayan traffic circle and Manggarai-Blok M.
- Traditions surrounding a British royal birth
- ‘A Quiet Place’ returns to no. 1 in third week for Paramount
- 'Buffalo Boys' praised for action-packed first trailer
- PLN prepares to issue global bonds
- Afghan girl spends life disguised as 'son' her parents wanted
- Kremlin, on possible missile delivery to Syria, says Western strike soured atmosphere
- Palm oil exports fall by 14% in February: Gapki
- EDITORIAL: When interests collide
- New rule no 'carte blanche' for foreign workers: Minister
- Iraqi shrine tablets offer blessings, cures and a living