Transjakarta to modify Ragunan-Monas bus route
Callistasia Anggun Wijaya
The Jakarta Post
PT Transjakarta, the city-owned bus operator, is set to change the bus route connecting Ragunan, South Jakarta, to Monas, Central Jakarta, next week to avoid areas with severe traffic congestion caused by ongoing infrastructure projects on some streets.
The journey should only take one hour with the new route, which uses Jl. Antasari, South Jakarta, Transjakarta president director Budi Kaliwono said in a statement on Thursday.
“The travel time is shorter compared to the routes passing Semanggi or Kuningan, which can take more than two hours,” Budi said.
The new route will start at Ragunan bus terminal via the Agriculture Department (Deptan), Senayan traffic circle, Bung Karno Sports Complex (GBK), the Jakarta Police headquarters, Bendungan Hilir, Karet, Dukuh Atas 1, Tosari, Sarinah, Bank Indonesia and finish at Monas.
Passengers who alight at Senayan traffic circle can continue their journey on buses serving Blok M – Kota, Ciputat-Tosari, Poris-Senayan traffic circle, Puri Beta-Hotel Indonesia, TU Gas-Senayan traffic circle and Manggarai-Blok M.
- Lake Toba to hold Gowes Samosir cycling event
- Karetan Market partners with waste management startup company
- Celebrity Fitri Carlina endorses Wonderful Indonesia, Banyuwangi tourism
- Block porn or be blocked, Indonesia warns Google, Twitter
- Tourism Ministry, KBRI promote five Indonesian destinations in Thailand
- West Papua to host Senja Kaimana Festival 2017
- Karetan Market holds vlog competition for visitors
- Facebook launches new ‘Facebook Creator’ app for video content creators
- Apple pushes back release of HomePod speaker to 2018
- East Java to host Situbondo Carnival