Investment realization in Jakarta highest in 5 years
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta One-Stop Integrated Service (PTSP) has noted that investment realization in the capital from January to September this year reached Rp 74.8 trillion (US$5.5 billion), the highest in the last five years.
The figure was obtained from domestic investment (PMDN) and foreign direct investment (PMA).
According to its data, PMDN realization stood at Rp 32.7 trillion with transportation, warehouse, and telecommunication as the most attractive sectors. Meanwhile, PMA was Rp 42.1 trillion, with housing, industry and office areas as the most attractive sectors.
With the figure, the capital's investment realization increased 76 percent from a similar report released in the same period last year. At that time, realization amounted to Rp 42.5 trillion, said Jakarta PTSP head Edy Junaedi Harahap.
"This figure shows that business climate in Jakarta is improving," said Edy as quoted by beritajakarta.com recently.
Edy further said the investment was the highest since 2012. Moreover, he said, this was an achievement for PTSP as it had exceeded its key performance indicators (KPI) target in 2017 at Rp 55 trillion. (agn)
- 17 missing students in North Sumatra flood rescued
- Seoul Fashion Week ready for kickoff
- 19 killed, dozens missing in floods striking N. Sumatra
- NTT to move immigrants to island near Australia
- #UninstallGojek trends after executive shows support for LGBT community
- Thousands march in Chicago against Trump's 'anti-woman agenda'
- Netherlands appeals court ruling that finds it liable for Indonesian's torture
- Floods, landslide kill nine in West Sumatra, Riau
- US wants "regime change" in Iran: Rouhani
- KPK urged to be resolute in solving IndonesiaLeaks report case