Self check-in kiosks ready to serve at Sorkarno-Hatta
The Jakarta Post
Soekarno-Hatta International Airport has provided self check-in facilities for passengers traveling only with cabin baggage on domestic carriers Citilink and Batik Air, the airport's operator announced on Friday.
The 12 self-check-in kiosks, which opened on Friday, are placed in the lobby of Terminal 1C, where Batik Air and Citilink have their passenger check-in counters.
Airport service officers are also stationed at the kiosks to help passengers with the self check-in process.
“The self check-in kiosks are part of our efforts to improve passenger services. […] This move will shorten the queues in front of the check-in counters,” the president director of state-owned airport operator PT Angkasa Pura II (AP II), Muhammad Awealudin. said in a statement on Friday.
However, certain passengers will not be permitted to perform self check-ins, including pregnant passengers, passengers traveling with infants, passengers with special needs, passengers under 16 years old and international transfer passengers. Groups of more than nine passengers whose tickets were ordered by a single person must also utilize the check-in counters.
According to a survey conducted by SITA in 2015, the world's leading specialist in air transport information and communications technology, 57 percent of passengers used self check-in option.
AP II also plans to install similar facilities at Terminal 1A and 1B, as well as at all airports, as part of the company’s Pre-journey Smart Airport program.
The firm will also soon open e-boarding pass facilities in the near future, starting with Garuda passengers, who will be able to issue e-boarding passes using their smartphones. (bbn)
- Lake Toba to hold Gowes Samosir cycling event
- Karetan Market partners with waste management startup company
- Celebrity Fitri Carlina endorses Wonderful Indonesia, Banyuwangi tourism
- Block porn or be blocked, Indonesia warns Google, Twitter
- Tourism Ministry, KBRI promote five Indonesian destinations in Thailand
- West Papua to host Senja Kaimana Festival 2017
- Karetan Market holds vlog competition for visitors
- Facebook launches new ‘Facebook Creator’ app for video content creators
- Apple pushes back release of HomePod speaker to 2018
- East Java to host Situbondo Carnival