Tangerang Police don replica uniforms on Heroes Day
The Jakarta Post
To commemorate National Heroes Day on Friday, Tangerang traffic police in Banten wore national hero replica uniforms while carrying out Operation Zebra to ticket unruly motorists in the city.
“Officers are wearing this attire because this is the 10th day of the operation, which coincides with National Heroes Day [every Nov. 10],” Second Police Insp. Rochmatulloh told tribunnews.com on Jl. Ahmad Yani in Tangerang on Friday.
He added that police would be firm in ticketing motorists found violating traffic laws.
“This is a day of commemoration, however it doesn’t mean we’ll be lenient. We’ll keep taking action against violators. Meanwhile, we are also giving away free helmets to motorcyclists found not wearing them,” he added.
Another officer on duty, Second Police Insp. Widya Aryanti Maharani, said providing free helmets was part of the police’s efforts to protect civilians from traffic-related accidents.
“We are fighting for the safety of riders to avoid unwanted things from happening,” she said. (fac)
- Surfer severely mauled by shark in Australia
- Jakarta sinking fast: Experts
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Hummingbirds thrive at innovative Mexico gardens
- They played dead on the ground: Survivor recounts OPM massacre
- Prabowo answers all your burning questions in his little blue book
- Don’t panic: Indonesian ‘cendol’ different from Singaporean ‘cendol’
- Garuda Indonesia takes passengers on trip to 1980s
- Lotte Chemical Indonesia begins construction of plant in Cilegon
- Sexual harassment in the sky: Hong Kong flight attendants fight back