Tangerang Police don replica uniforms on Heroes Day
The Jakarta Post
To commemorate National Heroes Day on Friday, Tangerang traffic police in Banten wore national hero replica uniforms while carrying out Operation Zebra to ticket unruly motorists in the city.
“Officers are wearing this attire because this is the 10th day of the operation, which coincides with National Heroes Day [every Nov. 10],” Second Police Insp. Rochmatulloh told tribunnews.com on Jl. Ahmad Yani in Tangerang on Friday.
He added that police would be firm in ticketing motorists found violating traffic laws.
“This is a day of commemoration, however it doesn’t mean we’ll be lenient. We’ll keep taking action against violators. Meanwhile, we are also giving away free helmets to motorcyclists found not wearing them,” he added.
Another officer on duty, Second Police Insp. Widya Aryanti Maharani, said providing free helmets was part of the police’s efforts to protect civilians from traffic-related accidents.
“We are fighting for the safety of riders to avoid unwanted things from happening,” she said. (fac)
- Let them eat quinoa: Malaysian PM mocked for being out of touch
- Katy Perry: Her vibes on Jakarta's energy
- Study to challenge claim Indonesia second-biggest marine polluter
- BREAKING: PDI-P officially endorses Jokowi for 2019 presidential election
- Booking.com reveals most affordable months to travel
- Two injured in Louisiana university shooting
- Anies remains tight-lipped after being reported to police
- Turkey navy 'threatens force' against Italy drillship: Cyprus
- Modi talks tough on separatists after meeting Trudeau
- Tanah Abang road closure part of Anies’ 'one-man show', councillor says