Tangerang Police don replica uniforms on Heroes Day
The Jakarta Post
To commemorate National Heroes Day on Friday, Tangerang traffic police in Banten wore national hero replica uniforms while carrying out Operation Zebra to ticket unruly motorists in the city.
“Officers are wearing this attire because this is the 10th day of the operation, which coincides with National Heroes Day [every Nov. 10],” Second Police Insp. Rochmatulloh told tribunnews.com on Jl. Ahmad Yani in Tangerang on Friday.
He added that police would be firm in ticketing motorists found violating traffic laws.
“This is a day of commemoration, however it doesn’t mean we’ll be lenient. We’ll keep taking action against violators. Meanwhile, we are also giving away free helmets to motorcyclists found not wearing them,” he added.
Another officer on duty, Second Police Insp. Widya Aryanti Maharani, said providing free helmets was part of the police’s efforts to protect civilians from traffic-related accidents.
“We are fighting for the safety of riders to avoid unwanted things from happening,” she said. (fac)
- Anger at Singapore ads offering Indonesian maids for sale
- ‘I’m just ordinary man now’: Setya collects debts from friends to pay restitutio...
- Car hits pedestrians outside UK mosque in suspected hate crime
- Indonesia exports religious take on family planning
- Woodward's Trump book sells 1.1 million in first week
- BTS to appear on ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Makassar mother named child abuse suspect
- Sri Lanka train kills mother elephant, two calves
- Instant Noodle Longform
- Record $27.5 mn settlement in NY Catholic child sex abuse case