Child’s death highlights low child protection awareness
Callistasia Anggun Wijaya
The Jakarta Post
A 5-year-old boy died on Saturday after he was allegedly beaten by his mother at a boarding house in Kebon Jeruk, West Jakarta, highlighting the low level of awareness for child protection in the capital.
The incident, which reportedly took place at around 5 p.m., occurred in a room located on the second floor and situated amid six other rented units.
Though some residents were in t...
- 8.2 magnitude quake hits off coast of Alaska: USGS
- Jakarta Planetarium to host public lunar eclipse observation on Jan 31
- Depok men arrested for allegedly uploading sex video
- Jonghyun's last album released posthumously
- Earthquake leads to traffic jams in Jakarta
- BREAKING: Strong 6.4 earthquake hits Banten, no tsunami warning
- Defector soldier 'committed murder in North Korea': report
- Hundreds of houses damaged by Lebak earthquake
- BI to punish payment service providers using Bitcoin
- Indonesia eyes 3 percent inflation rate in 2020