House of Representatives meeting room catches fire
The Jakarta Post
A meeting room inside the House of Representatives building caught fire at around 11 a.m. on Tuesday.
The fire occurred in a meeting room on the second floor of the Nusantara III building.
Tempo.co reported that the fire alarm went off while reporters were interviewing constitutional law expert Refly Harun on the ground floor of the building.
Some of the legislators evacuated the building, including House Deputy Speaker Agus Hermanto.
Meanwhile, the Jakarta Disaster Mitigation Agency tweeted that 10 fire trucks had been deployed to the location, in addition to another that was already inside the complex. The cause of the fire is still being investigated.
- Teacher charged with child abuse for slapping students
- Indonesia considers joining TPP-11
- Ants that 'explode' to fight foes discovered on Borneo
- Garuda Indonesia's Kartini Flight features all-female pilots, cabin crew, groundcrew
- Janelle Monae plans dystopian film to accompany album
- Bootleg liquor claims more lives in Bekasi
- School accuses travel agency of fraud
- North Korea's Kim promises no more nuclear or missile tests
- Papuans celebrate womanhood in mangrove forest
- The charm of Disney on Ice