House of Representatives meeting room catches fire
The Jakarta Post
A meeting room inside the House of Representatives building caught fire at around 11 a.m. on Tuesday.
The fire occurred in a meeting room on the second floor of the Nusantara III building.
Tempo.co reported that the fire alarm went off while reporters were interviewing constitutional law expert Refly Harun on the ground floor of the building.
Some of the legislators evacuated the building, including House Deputy Speaker Agus Hermanto.
Meanwhile, the Jakarta Disaster Mitigation Agency tweeted that 10 fire trucks had been deployed to the location, in addition to another that was already inside the complex. The cause of the fire is still being investigated.
- UK's official Brexit campaign fined, referred to police
- Government oversells PT Freeport Indonesia agreement
- Local residents slaughter 292 crocodiles in Sorong farm
- Indonesia among world’s less stressed countries
- Shell eyeing Indonesia's LNG market
- A guide to understanding the Freeport divestment deal
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Three candidates for Pertamina CEO submitted to President
- Indonesia, India sign business-to-business agreement on palm oil
- Blitar bans school from giving students homework