House of Representatives meeting room catches fire
The Jakarta Post
A meeting room inside the House of Representatives building caught fire at around 11 a.m. on Tuesday.
The fire occurred in a meeting room on the second floor of the Nusantara III building.
Tempo.co reported that the fire alarm went off while reporters were interviewing constitutional law expert Refly Harun on the ground floor of the building.
Some of the legislators evacuated the building, including House Deputy Speaker Agus Hermanto.
Meanwhile, the Jakarta Disaster Mitigation Agency tweeted that 10 fire trucks had been deployed to the location, in addition to another that was already inside the complex. The cause of the fire is still being investigated.
- Me and my (porn) shadow: 'Spycam' epidemic seizes South Korea
- Setya Novanto pays $50,000 in restitution installment to KPK
- Moon, Kim get peace award from Indonesian community
- Four earthquakes strike off Canada's west coast
- Indonesian tourism set to beat Thailand in 5 years
- Suspected HTI flag burning sparks controversy among Muslims
- Malea Emma Tjandrawidjaja stuns 'American Idol' judges
- Australia hits five Myanmar generals with sanctions
- Meikarta project abides by spatial regulation: Minister
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world