House of Representatives meeting room catches fire
The Jakarta Post
A meeting room inside the House of Representatives building caught fire at around 11 a.m. on Tuesday.
The fire occurred in a meeting room on the second floor of the Nusantara III building.
Tempo.co reported that the fire alarm went off while reporters were interviewing constitutional law expert Refly Harun on the ground floor of the building.
Some of the legislators evacuated the building, including House Deputy Speaker Agus Hermanto.
Meanwhile, the Jakarta Disaster Mitigation Agency tweeted that 10 fire trucks had been deployed to the location, in addition to another that was already inside the complex. The cause of the fire is still being investigated.
- Chris Hemsworth is done with being Thor ‘contractually’ after fourth movie
- Indonesia to auction 43 oil and gas blocks by March
- Jokowi calls on banks to expand credits to small businesses
- Post-reform ethnic Chinese paintings
- Australian Open: Tantrums, trolls and temperature tumbles
- Booby-trapped messaging apps used for spying: researchers
- 9 TED Talks to help you through your quarter-life crisis
- Student dies after being hit by Transjakarta bus
- Here's what Celine Dion's Diamond ticket will give you
- Indonesia, Bangladesh kick off pre-trade talks