KPK investigators seen arriving at Setya's home
The Jakarta Post
The Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK), along with a number of police personnel, surrounded the residence of Golkar Party chairman and House of Representative Speaker Setya Novanto on Wednesday evening, raising speculations that he may be detained for alleged corruption.
Setya, who is also a suspect in the high-profile e-ID graft case, failed to show up for questioning at the KPK office earlier that day, and instead attended a plenary meeting at the House.
KPK investigators and the police arrived at Setya's house on Jl. Wijaya in South Jakarta at around 21:40 p.m., according to kompas.com.
However, their reason for approaching his place of residence remains unclear.
Since he was renamed a suspect in one of the country's biggest graft cases last Friday, Setya has dodged two KPK summonses for questioning as a witness and one summons as a suspect.
Setya has cited various reasons for his absence, including a work visit to his constituency in Kupang, East Nusa Tenggara (NTT) on Monday. (ipa)
- US man charged with killing pregnant wife and two toddlers
- US threatens more Turkey sanctions if pastor not freed
- Jokowi defends his infrastructure program
- President, first lady celebrate Sumatran culture on Independence Day
- Canadian killed, American wounded in Mexico shooting
- Yazidi 'ex-sex slave' trapped both in Iraq and in German exile
- Pilgrims descend on Mecca for 'smart haj'
- Chinese plane slides off Manila airport runway in heavy rain
- Madonna celebrates turning 60 in Marrakech
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world