Lovelorn man commits suicide
The Jakarta Post
A 22-year-old man was found hanged in his home in Mampang Prapatan, South Jakarta, on Tuesday.
Mampang Prapatan Police head Comr. M. Safi’i said the man was found dead by his mother at around 4.30 a.m.
“When his mother woke up, she found her son’s body hanging from the door of his room. Her screams awoke other family members,” said Safi’i, as quoted by tribunnews.com.
On his bed a note was found explaining his desire to have a relationship with his girlfriend. He allegedly committed suicide because his parents were opposed to his relationship.
“She did not want to come to his home any more, because whenever she came his mother always berated her,” Safi’i said.
The police conducted a post-mortem examination on his body and he was then buried by his family. (wnd)
- BTS presents tearful, beautiful finale of ‘Wings’ tour in Seoul
- Foreign prisoner escapes from Kerobokan prison
- Online shops not causing closure of retail outlets: BPS
- Heavy rainfall in Jakarta topples trees, disrupts traffic
- Qatar interested in investing in Mandalika tourism zone: Luhut
- Floods, toppled trees disrupt Transjakarta services
- Jakarta administration criticized for not uploading meeting videos
- Heavy rainfall unanticipated, says BPBD
- ‘Wonder’, a wonderfully heartwarming film for all
- Anies visits inundated underpass in Dukuh Atas