Lovelorn man commits suicide
The Jakarta Post
A 22-year-old man was found hanged in his home in Mampang Prapatan, South Jakarta, on Tuesday.
Mampang Prapatan Police head Comr. M. Safi’i said the man was found dead by his mother at around 4.30 a.m.
“When his mother woke up, she found her son’s body hanging from the door of his room. Her screams awoke other family members,” said Safi’i, as quoted by tribunnews.com.
On his bed a note was found explaining his desire to have a relationship with his girlfriend. He allegedly committed suicide because his parents were opposed to his relationship.
“She did not want to come to his home any more, because whenever she came his mother always berated her,” Safi’i said.
The police conducted a post-mortem examination on his body and he was then buried by his family. (wnd)
- Bali to develop offshore airport
- ‘Angkot’ drivers demand fewer OK OTrip program requirements
- Novel Baswedan returns home
- Indonesia introduces tax data integration system to boost transparency
- Yogyakarta to transform into Indonesian Silicon Valley
- Five feared dead, dozens buried in Brebes landslide
- Provincial governments to maximize inter-province trade
- Yogyakarta academicians call on MK chief justice to step down
- German arrested over alleged drug smuggling
- Winners of the 2018 Brit Awards