Lovelorn man commits suicide
The Jakarta Post
A 22-year-old man was found hanged in his home in Mampang Prapatan, South Jakarta, on Tuesday.
Mampang Prapatan Police head Comr. M. Safi’i said the man was found dead by his mother at around 4.30 a.m.
“When his mother woke up, she found her son’s body hanging from the door of his room. Her screams awoke other family members,” said Safi’i, as quoted by tribunnews.com.
On his bed a note was found explaining his desire to have a relationship with his girlfriend. He allegedly committed suicide because his parents were opposed to his relationship.
“She did not want to come to his home any more, because whenever she came his mother always berated her,” Safi’i said.
The police conducted a post-mortem examination on his body and he was then buried by his family. (wnd)
- Own up to mass Muslim detentions, Amnesty tells China
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- Mount Anak Krakatau erupts, ‘caution’ status maintained
- Insight: New development pathway for Indonesia
- Flights not yet affected by Mt. Anak Krakatau eruption, authorities say
- Brotherhood chief, 65 others get life for Egypt attack
- Journalist murdered in Mexico, ninth of 2018
- Trump's tariffs on $200b of Chinese imports kick in
- Supreme Court pick's accuser agrees to testify Thursday
- Nike-Kaepernick: A marriage of ideals?