Urgent actions to end violence against girls and women
Anita Nirody, Sabine Machl and Annette Sachs Robertson
The women’s rights movement has struggled for decades to persuade the international community that violence against women is a human rights issue, not just a private matter between individuals.
Dec. 10 marks the end of 16 Days of Activism to Eliminate Violence Against Women, a global campaign that unites people across the world to end this epidemic. It is also Human Rights Day.
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Intel CEO resigns after probe of relationship with employee
- Indonesia poised to benefit as China's Belt and Road turns green
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Indonesia's growing thirst for coffee drains premium bean supplies
- UK visa requirements relaxed for Indonesian students
- Pro IS cleric gets death for inspiring terror attacks in Indonesia
- India offers free e-visa for Indonesians
- Britain's Prince William on historic trip to Israel and West Bank
- Malaysia's Najib explains why he had so many luxury handbags, lots of cash, jewe...