Urgent actions to end violence against girls and women
Anita Nirody, Sabine Machl and Annette Sachs Robertson
The women’s rights movement has struggled for decades to persuade the international community that violence against women is a human rights issue, not just a private matter between individuals.
Dec. 10 marks the end of 16 Days of Activism to Eliminate Violence Against Women, a global campaign that unites people across the world to end this epidemic. It is also Human Rights Day.
- Thousands sign petition against sentence for Malaysian who abused maid
- Bottled water meets quality standards: BPOM
- Saudi Arabia beheads Indonesian worker despite Jokowi’s pleas for clemency
- Missing giant yellow duck found in Australia
- Why the rich in Jakarta have better access to water than the poor
- Anies issues regulation simplifying process of shutting down entertainment spots
- No condoms or cigarettes sold at Muslim convenience store in Depok
- Singapore Airlines warns customers against air tickets scam
- Residents clash with police personnel in land execution in C. Sulawesi
- Indonesian short film on oil palm industry enters international festivals