S. Korean star Lee to carry Nam’s bag at Indonesian Masters
The Jakarta Post
South Korean actor Lee Jung-jin is set to attend the 2017 Indonesian Masters golf tournament in Jakarta from Thursday to Sunday, taking on a new role as a caddie for participating golfer Young Nam, the organizers announced Monday.
Lee said he was excited to participate in the tourney as a caddie for best friend Nam of South Korea.
The 39-year-old star, who plays golf twice a month at Wellington Golf Club and Jisan Forest Golf Club in South Korea, said he first met Nam when he was 14 years old.
To meet his best friend’s standards, Lee said he had been spending more time working out as caddying at the Royale Golf Club Jakarta in East Jakarta would be his debut.
The star of popular Korean drama K2 revealed that his favorite golfers were Jason Day of the United States and Scott Hend of Australia.
This week’s visit won’t be his first time visiting Indonesia as he has vacationed in Bali.
On revisiting Indonesia, Lee said: “I love Indonesia, a beautiful country. I also love their food, such as the fried rice and fried noodles, which taste really good.”
Lee will be on the Jakarta golf course throughout the tournament. Organizers welcome Lee’s fans to come to the venue for a photo session with the star. (nkn)
- Chris Hemsworth is done with being Thor ‘contractually’ after fourth movie
- Indonesia to auction 43 oil and gas blocks by March
- Australian Open: Tantrums, trolls and temperature tumbles
- Prime Mum-ister: New Zealand PM says she's having a baby
- 9 TED Talks to help you through your quarter-life crisis
- Here's what Celine Dion's Diamond ticket will give you
- House to set up team to monitor rice import policy
- Booby-trapped messaging apps used for spying: researchers
- Indonesia, Bangladesh kick off pre-trade talks
- Student dies after being hit by Transjakarta bus