S. Korean star Lee to carry Nam’s bag at Indonesian Masters
The Jakarta Post
South Korean actor Lee Jung-jin is set to attend the 2017 Indonesian Masters golf tournament in Jakarta from Thursday to Sunday, taking on a new role as a caddie for participating golfer Young Nam, the organizers announced Monday.
Lee said he was excited to participate in the tourney as a caddie for best friend Nam of South Korea.
The 39-year-old star, who plays golf twice a month at Wellington Golf Club and Jisan Forest Golf Club in South Korea, said he first met Nam when he was 14 years old.
To meet his best friend’s standards, Lee said he had been spending more time working out as caddying at the Royale Golf Club Jakarta in East Jakarta would be his debut.
The star of popular Korean drama K2 revealed that his favorite golfers were Jason Day of the United States and Scott Hend of Australia.
This week’s visit won’t be his first time visiting Indonesia as he has vacationed in Bali.
On revisiting Indonesia, Lee said: “I love Indonesia, a beautiful country. I also love their food, such as the fried rice and fried noodles, which taste really good.”
Lee will be on the Jakarta golf course throughout the tournament. Organizers welcome Lee’s fans to come to the venue for a photo session with the star. (nkn)
- Seoul Fashion Week ready for kickoff
- 17 missing students in North Sumatra flood rescued
- NTT to move immigrants to island near Australia
- US wants "regime change" in Iran: Rouhani
- KPK urged to be resolute in solving IndonesiaLeaks report case
- Lewinsky affair not an abuse of power, says Hillary Clinton
- Erdogan, Saudi king discuss case of missing journalist: Turkish presidency
- Delayed school entry good for mental health: Study
- #UninstallGojek trends after executive shows support for LGBT community
- The warning signs get stronger