New Year celebration: Time for Bigger Plans
PREMIUM JP/Wendra AjistyatamaMany Jakartans use the New Year’s holiday as a time to escape from day-to-day demands while setting new goals and aspirations for the upcoming yearFor well-known Indonesian pianist and composer Ananda Sukarlan, 49, New Year’s celebration — the countdown on Dec. 31 and the celebration on Jan. 1 — is a chance to catch up with lots of old friends at various social gat...
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Aceh
- Insight: Fair trade for palm oil, please!
- Indonesia seeks to lure Chinese tourists to destinations outside Bali
- Rupiah weakens to almost Rp 13,900 against US dollar
- Two Palestinians killed by Israeli fire as Gaza protests dwindle
- 'Islamization' of women's movement in Indonesia
- BREAKING: Government sacks Pertamina chief
- Suzuki introduces second-generation Ertiga
- Malindo Air flight suffers runway excursion in Kathmandu
- Prabowo's presidential bid hangs in the balance