Hanura gives Ridwan Kamil freedom to choose running mate
The Jakarta Post
The Hanura Party has officially supported Ridwan Kamil’s nomination for the 2018 gubernatorial election in Bandung, West Java.
The West Java chapter’s Hanura regional executive board (DPD) chairman, Aceng Fikri, handed over the letter of support from the party to the Bandung mayor on Tuesday.
“Ridwan Kamil is a leader considered by the Hanura Party’s central executive board as a potential West Java governor candidate,” said Aceng.
Ridwan has now been officially tasked to open up communications with other political parties in relation to his plan to run for West Java governor in this year’s election.
“The support letter from Hanura serves as an assignment letter. The party has now officially assigned Ridwan Kamil to run for West Java governor,” said Aceng.
He added that the party would let the Bandung mayor decide who his partner would be.
“One of reasons that prompted us to issue the assignment letter is because we want to let Pak Ridwan communicate with other political parties about his running mate candidates,” said Aceng.
Ridwan conveyed his gratitude over the trust the Hanura Party had put in him. He said the assignment letter had strengthened the coalition that supported his nomination. They comprise the NasDem Party, the Nation Awakening Party (PKB) and the United Development Party (PPP).
“Alhamdullillah [thank God] for the assignment letter from the Hanura Party. I now have four parties that are supporting my candidacy,” Ridwan said. (ebf)
- Seoul Fashion Week ready for kickoff
- 17 missing students in North Sumatra flood rescued
- NTT to move immigrants to island near Australia
- US wants "regime change" in Iran: Rouhani
- KPK urged to be resolute in solving IndonesiaLeaks report case
- Lewinsky affair not an abuse of power, says Hillary Clinton
- Erdogan, Saudi king discuss case of missing journalist: Turkish presidency
- Delayed school entry good for mental health: Study
- #UninstallGojek trends after executive shows support for LGBT community
- The warning signs get stronger