NTB health office tests 8 patients for suspected diphtheria
The Jakarta Post
The West Nusa Tenggara (NTB) health agency has found eight people with suspected diphtheria across the province in the past week, an official said on Wednesday.
“Five patients have been taken to the Bima Regional General Hospital (RSUD), while the three others are being treated at the NTB Provincial General Hospital [RSUP] in Mataram,” said NTB Health Agency head Mardjito.
He said that the five patients at RSUD Bima returned negative results for diphtheria after their test samples were examined at private laboratory in Surabaya, East Java.
Meanwhile, the three other patients at RSUP NTB in Mataram are being treated in isolation rooms while the hospital awaits the results of their laboratory tests.
“Two of the patients are children and another is an adult. Clinically, they are all still [suspected diphtheria cases]. We are still waiting for the laboratory results to see whether they test positive for diphtheria,” said Mardjito. (ebf)
- Student allegedly paralyzed after being told to do 120 jump squats as punishment
- Obama dancing in Kenya sends world aflutter
- Too ugly, too smelly: Jakarta covers up ‘Black River’ for Asian Games
- Russian tourist allegedly gang-raped in India
- China seizes 156 mammoth tusks in huge ivory haul
- S.Korean court hands former president Park another 8 years in jail
- 'Mass casualty incident' after Missouri tourist boat capsizes
- Former Hong Kong leader jailed again for misconduct
- Jambi girl imprisoned for abortion after being raped by brother
- Who is TGB, Jokowi’s strongest ally against sectarianism?