Thousand Islands regency proposes 12 new boats
The Jakarta Post
Thousand Islands regency has proposed the procurement of 12 boats to be included in the 2018 city budget to support mobility in the area.
Regent Irmansyah said the regency needed two hearse boats to ease funeral transportation, while five boats had been proposed by the water transportation unit of the transportation agency and four had been proposed by the regency administration. The education agency had also asked for a boat.
"We will hold a limited meeting soon to ensure that the boats procured are up to standard," he said as quoted by beritajakarta.id, adding that he expected the boats to be available before the commencement of the Asian Games.
He said each boat may have different facilities depending on the needs of the aforementioned agencies. (fac)
- Indonesia considers joining TPP-11
- Teacher charged with child abuse for slapping students
- Ants that 'explode' to fight foes discovered on Borneo
- Janelle Monae plans dystopian film to accompany album
- Garuda Indonesia's Kartini Flight features all-female pilots, cabin crew, groundcrew
- Papuans celebrate womanhood in mangrove forest
- School accuses travel agency of fraud
- Bootleg liquor claims more lives in Bekasi
- Female baristas serve free coffee at Jakarta Kota Station
- North Korea's Kim promises no more nuclear or missile tests