Thousand Islands regency proposes 12 new boats
The Jakarta Post
Thousand Islands regency has proposed the procurement of 12 boats to be included in the 2018 city budget to support mobility in the area.
Regent Irmansyah said the regency needed two hearse boats to ease funeral transportation, while five boats had been proposed by the water transportation unit of the transportation agency and four had been proposed by the regency administration. The education agency had also asked for a boat.
"We will hold a limited meeting soon to ensure that the boats procured are up to standard," he said as quoted by beritajakarta.id, adding that he expected the boats to be available before the commencement of the Asian Games.
He said each boat may have different facilities depending on the needs of the aforementioned agencies. (fac)
- Trump's trip to Europe: Top five highlights
- Microsoft urges regulation of face-recognizing tech
- Densus 88 shoot dead three alleged terrorists in Yogyakarta
- Learning from France’s multiculturalism, World Cup run
- Saudi woman could be jailed for hugging pop star
- Tokyo’s reign as world’s largest city fades
- Third coalition at stake after Muhaimin's maneuver
- Indonesia among world’s less stressed countries
- Airbus near blockbuster $23 billion jet sale to AirAsia
- 52 alleged robbers shot by police ahead of Asian Games