Tourist figures improve despite eruption
The Jakarta Post
Despite Mount Agung’s eruption in Bali, the country’s most popular tourist destination, Indonesia welcomed a higher number of tourists in the January-November period of 2017 than the same period in the previous year, sparking new hope for a rebound in tourist visits.
The number of foreign tourist visits in the first nine months of 2017 surged 21.84 percent year-on-year (yoy) to 12.68 m...
- Student allegedly paralyzed after being told to do 120 jump squats as punishment
- Obama dancing in Kenya sends world aflutter
- Too ugly, too smelly: Jakarta covers up ‘Black River’ for Asian Games
- Russian tourist allegedly gang-raped in India
- China seizes 156 mammoth tusks in huge ivory haul
- S.Korean court hands former president Park another 8 years in jail
- 'Mass casualty incident' after Missouri tourist boat capsizes
- Former Hong Kong leader jailed again for misconduct
- Jambi girl imprisoned for abortion after being raped by brother
- Who is TGB, Jokowi’s strongest ally against sectarianism?