Tourist figures improve despite eruption
The Jakarta Post
Despite Mount Agung’s eruption in Bali, the country’s most popular tourist destination, Indonesia welcomed a higher number of tourists in the January-November period of 2017 than the same period in the previous year, sparking new hope for a rebound in tourist visits.
The number of foreign tourist visits in the first nine months of 2017 surged 21.84 percent year-on-year (yoy) to 12.68 m...
- Kim becomes first North Korean leader to cross border into South since war
- Indonesia's digital policy lacking focus
- Number of rejected Schengen visa applications for Indonesia increases
- Bank Indonesia open to rate rises
- Headscarved students banned from performing 'gambyong' dance
- Human rights at risk for ASEAN citizens
- ‘Stranger Things’ coming to Universal Studios Singapore
- Anger as Fiji tourism ad swaps 'church' for 'toilet'
- Ship's captain named suspect in Balikpapan oil spill
- Nod for 'Jack Ryan' season 2