KPK probes former MetroTV journalist in Setya’s alleged obstruction of justice
The Jakarta Post
The Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) questioned Firman Mattauch on Tuesday, a former journalist of private news channel Metro TV, in its probe into a case of alleged obstruction of justice involving former House of Representatives speaker and graft suspect Setya Novanto.
KPK spokesman Febri Diansyah confirmed the ex-journalist was being asked about the moments leading up to a car accident in which Setya was involved.
“Investigators are asking him about Setya’s whereabouts prior to the accident and [about] the accident as well,” Febri said.
Hilman remained tight-lipped when approached by reporters after the questioning. It is the second time Hilman has been questioned by KPK investigators regarding the accident after he first answered the summons on Dec. 11.
The former journalist reportedly hit an electricity pole in Jakarta while driving a car with Setya as a passenger. The police later charged him with reckless driving.
Hilman was also dismissed by MetroTV, the media company that employed him, for having violated “the news channel’s protocols,” which states that guests are picked up in company cars, rather than personal vehicles.
Setya could not be found by KPK investigators before the accident occurred as he failed to respond to several summonses from the antigraft body.
In December, KPK chairman Agus Rahardjo confirmed the commission had started its investigation in suspected obstruction of justice related to the embattled politician. (ebf)
- Anger at Singapore ads offering Indonesian maids for sale
- ‘I’m just ordinary man now’: Setya collects debts from friends to pay restitutio...
- Car hits pedestrians outside UK mosque in suspected hate crime
- Indonesia exports religious take on family planning
- Woodward's Trump book sells 1.1 million in first week
- BTS to appear on ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Makassar mother named child abuse suspect
- Sri Lanka train kills mother elephant, two calves
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Instant Noodle Longform