KPK grills minister, Setya Novanto’s children in e-ID graft case
The Jakarta Post
The Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) continues to move forward with its investigation into the e-ID graft case, with investigators questioning a Cabinet minister on Wednesday.
Law and Human Rights Minister Yasonna H. Laoly showed up at the antigraft body’s office on Wednesday to attend a questioning session as a witness for suspect Anang Sugiana Sudihardjo, the president director of IT consulting firm PT Quadra Solution, which has been implicated in the graft case that has reportedly caused Rp 2.3 trillion (US$161 million) in state losses.
Apart from Yasonna, investigators also summoned Dwina Michaela and Rheza Herwindo, the children of former House of Representatives speaker and graft defendant Setya Novanto.
Yasonna served as a member of House Commission II overseeing home affairs during the deliberation of the project between 2011 and 2012. A senior member of President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo's supporting party, the Indonesian Democratic Party of Struggle (PDI-P), Yasonna has been accused of accepting $84,000 from the graft-ridden project.
Meanwhile, Dwina and Rheza have been questioned as former commissioners of security printing company PT Murakabi Sejahtera, which is accused of having played a role in the reportedly rigged project tender.
Anang is accused of bribing a number of lawmakers through businessman Andi Agustinus, aka Andi Narogong, who was convicted for his role in the case and sentenced to eight years in prison last month. (ebf)
- Anger at Singapore ads offering Indonesian maids for sale
- ‘I’m just ordinary man now’: Setya collects debts from friends to pay restitutio...
- Car hits pedestrians outside UK mosque in suspected hate crime
- Indonesia exports religious take on family planning
- Woodward's Trump book sells 1.1 million in first week
- BTS to appear on ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Makassar mother named child abuse suspect
- Sri Lanka train kills mother elephant, two calves
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Instant Noodle Longform