Tangerang - Jakarta premium bus starts trial period
The Jakarta Post
The Transjabodetabek Premium bus service between TangCity mall in Tangerang, Banten and ITC Kuningan mall in South Jakarta commenced a trial period of 10 buses on Wednesday, following similar services to some of the capital's other satellite cities.
Greater Jakarta Transportation Agency (BPTJ) head Bambang Prihartono said the buses were expected to help reduce traffic.
“This new transportation service should attract people to use public transportation instead of private vehicles. We hope this program can contribute to reducing traffic in the long term,” said Bambang.
TangCity mall building manager Wina Andiyan applauded the bus service. She said the bus could help visitors to reach TangCity easily, as the mall is one of the most popular shopping destinations for Greater Jakarta residents.
The ten buses operate from 05.00 a.m to 08.00 p.m. The buses are scheduled every 30 minutes with a promotional tariff of Rp 20,000 (US$ 1.49) during the trial period. (gis)
- Thousands sign petition against sentence for Malaysian who abused maid
- Bottled water meets quality standards: BPOM
- Saudi Arabia beheads Indonesian worker despite Jokowi’s pleas for clemency
- Four-meter snake found in West Jakarta restaurant
- US, Japan assist South Korea on historic summits with North Korea
- Anies issues regulation simplifying process of shutting down entertainment spots
- No condoms or cigarettes sold at Muslim convenience store in Depok
- Residents clash with police personnel in land execution in C. Sulawesi
- Singapore Airlines warns customers against air tickets scam
- Earthquake strikes Banten, tremors felt in Jakarta