Tangerang - Jakarta premium bus starts trial period
The Jakarta Post
The Transjabodetabek Premium bus service between TangCity mall in Tangerang, Banten and ITC Kuningan mall in South Jakarta commenced a trial period of 10 buses on Wednesday, following similar services to some of the capital's other satellite cities.
Greater Jakarta Transportation Agency (BPTJ) head Bambang Prihartono said the buses were expected to help reduce traffic.
“This new transportation service should attract people to use public transportation instead of private vehicles. We hope this program can contribute to reducing traffic in the long term,” said Bambang.
TangCity mall building manager Wina Andiyan applauded the bus service. She said the bus could help visitors to reach TangCity easily, as the mall is one of the most popular shopping destinations for Greater Jakarta residents.
The ten buses operate from 05.00 a.m to 08.00 p.m. The buses are scheduled every 30 minutes with a promotional tariff of Rp 20,000 (US$ 1.49) during the trial period. (gis)
- Engineers union to analyze cause of IDX collapsed floor
- Indonesia's foreign debt stands at $347.3b, 34% of GDP
- Couple forced to marry after caught being alone at fruit farm
- IDX Tower 2 never been renovated: Management
- Voldemort film now available for free on YouTube
- Rappler Indonesia to soldier on despite license revocation
- Mother allegedly kills her baby at restaurant
- Police issue second summons for Sandiaga
- Indonesia, Turkey team up to develop military drones
- Anies orders transportation agency, police to ticket traffic violators