Tangerang - Jakarta premium bus starts trial period
The Jakarta Post
The Transjabodetabek Premium bus service between TangCity mall in Tangerang, Banten and ITC Kuningan mall in South Jakarta commenced a trial period of 10 buses on Wednesday, following similar services to some of the capital's other satellite cities.
Greater Jakarta Transportation Agency (BPTJ) head Bambang Prihartono said the buses were expected to help reduce traffic.
“This new transportation service should attract people to use public transportation instead of private vehicles. We hope this program can contribute to reducing traffic in the long term,” said Bambang.
TangCity mall building manager Wina Andiyan applauded the bus service. She said the bus could help visitors to reach TangCity easily, as the mall is one of the most popular shopping destinations for Greater Jakarta residents.
The ten buses operate from 05.00 a.m to 08.00 p.m. The buses are scheduled every 30 minutes with a promotional tariff of Rp 20,000 (US$ 1.49) during the trial period. (gis)
- Anger at Singapore ads offering Indonesian maids for sale
- ‘I’m just ordinary man now’: Setya collects debts from friends to pay restitutio...
- Car hits pedestrians outside UK mosque in suspected hate crime
- Indonesia exports religious take on family planning
- Woodward's Trump book sells 1.1 million in first week
- BTS to appear on ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Makassar mother named child abuse suspect
- Sri Lanka train kills mother elephant, two calves
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Instant Noodle Longform