Motorcyclist entering Transjakarta lane hits officer
Callistasia Anggun Wijaya
The Jakarta Post
A motorcyclist, Mei Sandy Tri Putra, allegedly hit an officer while entering a Transjakarta lane in Slipi, West Jakarta, on Thursday.
Transjakarta officer Edi Utomo, who was in charge of securing the bus lane and preventing motorists from entering using a manual gate, was allegedly hit by Mei, who was riding his motorcycle at a high speed, at 6:55 a.m.
“As the distance between the motorcyclist and the gate was so close, he [Mei] hit the gate and the officer behind it,” Transjakarta spokesman Wibowo said on Thursday.
Both Edi and Mei were injured in the accident and taken to Mintoharjo Navy Hospital in Central Jakarta.
Edi, a resident of Batu Ceper, Tangerang, injured his cheek and temple and was short of breath after the accident.
Meanwhile, Mei, a resident of Jagakarsa, South Jakarta, suffered injuries to his temple and hand.
Wibowo said Mei and Edi would be questioned over the incident after they undergo medical treatment.
- Planning to travel this Ramadhan? Try these Muslim-friendly apps
- Dugong sellers thwarted in West Sulawesi
- List of moderate Islamic preachers needed: Scholar
- Malaysian playboy financier in cross-hairs after poll upset
- Japan keeps word, gifts Akita dog to Russian skater Zagitova
- US warns Syria of 'firm' action over southern offensive
- Indian child killer sentenced to death 23 days after arrest, raises fears over t...
- China gives airlines extension on one-nation rule for Taiwan
- Two Koreas’ leaders hold second summit: Cheong Wa Dae
- China to host Iranian president amid nuclear deal doubt