Motorcyclist entering Transjakarta lane hits officer
Callistasia Anggun Wijaya
The Jakarta Post
A motorcyclist, Mei Sandy Tri Putra, allegedly hit an officer while entering a Transjakarta lane in Slipi, West Jakarta, on Thursday.
Transjakarta officer Edi Utomo, who was in charge of securing the bus lane and preventing motorists from entering using a manual gate, was allegedly hit by Mei, who was riding his motorcycle at a high speed, at 6:55 a.m.
“As the distance between the motorcyclist and the gate was so close, he [Mei] hit the gate and the officer behind it,” Transjakarta spokesman Wibowo said on Thursday.
Both Edi and Mei were injured in the accident and taken to Mintoharjo Navy Hospital in Central Jakarta.
Edi, a resident of Batu Ceper, Tangerang, injured his cheek and temple and was short of breath after the accident.
Meanwhile, Mei, a resident of Jagakarsa, South Jakarta, suffered injuries to his temple and hand.
Wibowo said Mei and Edi would be questioned over the incident after they undergo medical treatment.
- After stunning growth streak, Amazon ambitions seem boundless
- No instruction to bar Anies from pitch: Palace
- 'Do not test Israel', Netanyahu tells Iran, brandishing drone 'piece'
- Romeo the lonesome frog is feelin' the love
- Fidel Castro is not Trudeau's real father: Canadian govt
- Daddy Yankee gets the world dancing again with viral song
- Philippines says in talks with China for joint sea exploration
- Enjoying legendary 'Jenang' in Surakarta
- Saudi women to start own busines without male permission
- Seeking post-Brexit unity, EU leaders find more fights