Motorcyclist entering Transjakarta lane hits officer
Callistasia Anggun Wijaya
The Jakarta Post
A motorcyclist, Mei Sandy Tri Putra, allegedly hit an officer while entering a Transjakarta lane in Slipi, West Jakarta, on Thursday.
Transjakarta officer Edi Utomo, who was in charge of securing the bus lane and preventing motorists from entering using a manual gate, was allegedly hit by Mei, who was riding his motorcycle at a high speed, at 6:55 a.m.
“As the distance between the motorcyclist and the gate was so close, he [Mei] hit the gate and the officer behind it,” Transjakarta spokesman Wibowo said on Thursday.
Both Edi and Mei were injured in the accident and taken to Mintoharjo Navy Hospital in Central Jakarta.
Edi, a resident of Batu Ceper, Tangerang, injured his cheek and temple and was short of breath after the accident.
Meanwhile, Mei, a resident of Jagakarsa, South Jakarta, suffered injuries to his temple and hand.
Wibowo said Mei and Edi would be questioned over the incident after they undergo medical treatment.
- A father’s love: Wiranto explains why his daughter wears niqab
- BLACKPINK’s Jennie sets records with ‘Solo’ videos
- Jokowi won't grant Nuril amnesty
- Indonesia mosques spreading radicalism to government workers: Official
- 6 kg of garbage found in dead whale's stomach in Wakatobi
- Indonesia's latest economic stimulus package: What you need to know
- Ed Sheeran on BTS: ‘I think they are great’
- AirAsia to move international operations to Soekarno-Hatta airport Terminal 2
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Nissan’s Ghosn arrested over financial law violation