Mother drags 4-year-old daughter with motorbike
Ganug Nugroho Adi
The Jakarta Post
A woman dragged her 4-year-old daughter with a motorbike along a street in Paseban village, Klaten, Central Java, on Thursday.
The incident was recorded on CCTV and immediately went viral on the internet.
An eyewitness, Wahyanto, said the woman was seen riding her motorbike out of her house while dragging her toddler. Upon seeing the incident, her neighbors were startled and quickly tried to stop her. After about 300 meters, the woman let go of the girl and then sped out of the village.
The woman only stopped after crashing into a crowd of men who were playing billiards in a neighboring village.
The little girl was immediately rescued and taken to a local health facility for treatment.
She suffered scratches from the incident.
“She must have been in pain, but she was not crying,” said Wahyanto.
A neighbor named Sumarmi said the mother was frequently seen mistreating her children. She also said her husband worked as a sand mine laborer in Magelang, Central Java, and only came home twice a week. Sumarmi said the neighbors suspected the woman was mentally ill.
Adj. Sr. Comr. Agung Pramono, the Klaten Police chief, said the case would be investigated, although no one had filed a police report.
“We will see whether the suspect is suffering from depression,” he said. (gis/ahw)
- After stunning growth streak, Amazon ambitions seem boundless
- No instruction to bar Anies from pitch: Palace
- Romeo the lonesome frog is feelin' the love
- 'Do not test Israel', Netanyahu tells Iran, brandishing drone 'piece'
- Fidel Castro is not Trudeau's real father: Canadian govt
- Daddy Yankee gets the world dancing again with viral song
- Enjoying legendary 'Jenang' in Surakarta
- Philippines says in talks with China for joint sea exploration
- Seeking post-Brexit unity, EU leaders find more fights
- Saudi women to start own busines without male permission