Man arrested after accidentally shooting woman in Bekasi
The Jakarta Post
A soto ayam (chicken soup) seller was arrested in East Bekasi on Friday for allegedly shooting a woman.
The incident in question occurred when the soto ayam seller, identified as A, was reportedly testing out an air rifle he had recently procured, opening fire on a utility pole across his kiosk. A woman, identified as DF , however, was reportedly shot instead. The victim is currently being treated at a hospital.
“Even though it was an accident, the alleged perpetrator violated the law by opening fire on a public road instead of a shooting range,” Bekasi Police crimes division chief, Adj. Sr. Comr. Deny Supriadi, said Saturday as quoted by kompas.com.
- Using the best of Security Council membership for Palestine-Israel conflict
- Tourism's fatal warning
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- 8-meter python slain after swallowing woman in Southeast Sulawesi
- Indonesia lists 180 missing on doomed ferry, launches underwater search
- Search on for dozens missing in Indonesia ferry sinking
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- Indonesia takes a bite out of food waste one wedding at a time
- Taliban kill 30 soldiers in first major attack since ceasefire, governor says
- U2's Bono calls on US lawmakers to end family separations