Man arrested after accidentally shooting woman in Bekasi
The Jakarta Post
A soto ayam (chicken soup) seller was arrested in East Bekasi on Friday for allegedly shooting a woman.
The incident in question occurred when the soto ayam seller, identified as A, was reportedly testing out an air rifle he had recently procured, opening fire on a utility pole across his kiosk. A woman, identified as DF , however, was reportedly shot instead. The victim is currently being treated at a hospital.
“Even though it was an accident, the alleged perpetrator violated the law by opening fire on a public road instead of a shooting range,” Bekasi Police crimes division chief, Adj. Sr. Comr. Deny Supriadi, said Saturday as quoted by kompas.com.
- Jokowi gives green light for indigenous people bill deliberation
- Facebook post pushes Norway government to the brink of collapse
- Fatal accident on West Java toll road claims six lives
- Iron block falls at apartment project site in S. Jakarta, killing one
- UGM students sent to Asmat
- Kevin and Marcus reach thriller All England final
- French language eyes 'le comeback' as Britain leaves Europe
- Putin on track for commanding win as Russians head to polls
- Boxer dies 10 months after fight left him in a coma
- Opposition, NGO cry fraud in Russian polls