Man arrested after accidentally shooting woman in Bekasi
The Jakarta Post
A soto ayam (chicken soup) seller was arrested in East Bekasi on Friday for allegedly shooting a woman.
The incident in question occurred when the soto ayam seller, identified as A, was reportedly testing out an air rifle he had recently procured, opening fire on a utility pole across his kiosk. A woman, identified as DF , however, was reportedly shot instead. The victim is currently being treated at a hospital.
“Even though it was an accident, the alleged perpetrator violated the law by opening fire on a public road instead of a shooting range,” Bekasi Police crimes division chief, Adj. Sr. Comr. Deny Supriadi, said Saturday as quoted by kompas.com.
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- Own up to mass Muslim detentions, Amnesty tells China
- Instagram co-founders step down from company: NYT
- K-Pop stars BTS at UN urge world's youth to 'just speak yourself'
- China says can't hold US trade talks with 'knife to the throat'
- 'Scandal' website portrays Sandiaga Uno as womanizer
- Medan police officer imprisoned for shredding Quran
- The Indonesian kid who stirs the Hollywood Bowl: Malea Emma Tjandrawidjaja
- New Zealand PM makes UN history with first baby
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world