Megawati to receive honorary degree from IPDN
The Jakarta Post
The Institute of Public Administration (IPDN) will award former president and Indonesian Democratic Party of Struggle (PDI-P) chairwoman Megawati Soekarnoputri with an honorary degree in politics as part International Women’s Day, an official has said.
The presentation ceremony is scheduled to be held on Thursday at the institute's campus in Jatinangor, Sumedang, West Java.
“Megawati is an important political figure who is always consistent in implementing democracy for a better Indonesia,” IPDN rector Ermaya Suradinata said in a written statement.
“She is a strong, decisive figure, but at the same time, also shows her essential womanly nature in respecting humanity and cultural values.”
Meanwhile, PDI-P secretary-general Hasto Kristiyanto welcomed the honorary title for Megawati.
“This honorary degree is another recognition for her greatness as a politician,” he said.
Megawati, who dropped out of Padjadjaran University’s School of Agriculture in Bandung and the University of Indonesia’s (UI) School of Psychology in Depok, both in West Java, has previously received honorary degrees from various universities, including those in Japan, South Korea and Russia. (gis/dmr)
- Chinese tourists just can't get enough of Thailand
- Report unveils Muslim Cyber Army’s modus, purpose
- Japan condom makers hope for 2020 Olympic lift
- PRS admits to selling expired food
- LGBT people face uphill battle for rights
- Indonesia wins biodiesel antidumping case in EU appeal court
- WhatsApp co-founder says it’s about time Facebook was deleted
- Indonesia, Singapore jointly open Nongsa Digital Park in Batam
- Jakarta Police induct officers into new positions
- Indonesia to expand domestic biodiesel use