Mother of four wants Rp 1t from tobacco companies
The Jakarta Post
A 50-year-old mother-of-four in East Jakarta made headlines last week when she sent a legal notice to two tobacco giants to compensate her for her addiction, declining health and financial loss from consuming their products.
In the letter signed Feb. 19, Rohayani demands no less than Rp 1 trillion (US$72 million) in compensation from Gudang Garam and Djarum.
Rohayani, who puffed her ...
- Saudi Arabia's jailed trailblazers
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Indonesia poised to benefit as China's Belt and Road turns green
- Suspected terrorist shot dead in Pamanukan for resisting arrest
- US Navy planning new camps to support immigration crackdown: Report
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Mexico caught up in victorious jumble of joy
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- Cuba to get ready for same sex marriage: Castro daughter
- 5 wall shelf design ideas for small spaces