Mother of four wants Rp 1t from tobacco companies
The Jakarta Post
A 50-year-old mother-of-four in East Jakarta made headlines last week when she sent a legal notice to two tobacco giants to compensate her for her addiction, declining health and financial loss from consuming their products.
In the letter signed Feb. 19, Rohayani demands no less than Rp 1 trillion (US$72 million) in compensation from Gudang Garam and Djarum.
Rohayani, who puffed her ...
- Jokowi gives green light for indigenous people bill deliberation
- Facebook post pushes Norway government to the brink of collapse
- Fatal accident on West Java toll road claims six lives
- Iron block falls at apartment project site in S. Jakarta, killing one
- UGM students sent to Asmat
- Kevin and Marcus reach thriller All England final
- French language eyes 'le comeback' as Britain leaves Europe
- Putin on track for commanding win as Russians head to polls
- Boxer dies 10 months after fight left him in a coma
- Opposition, NGO cry fraud in Russian polls